The Best GPS

Discussion in 'Apple, Inc and Tech Industry' started by phishndave, Mar 2, 2009.

1. phishndave macrumors member

I am looking for a new GPS for my band because we have started touring. I figure who better to ask than my nerdy apple loving friends. So what GPS do you recommend?

2. BigHungry04 macrumors 6502

I have a Garmin Nuvi 760w. I enjoy it. It knows where pretty much everything is.

3. steve2112 macrumors 68040

steve2112

I like the Garmins. I just got the 265T, and I like it. To be honest, I probably should have saved a few bucks, and gotten one without the Bluetooth. The speaker isn't really good enough to use it as a hands-free Bluetooth device for my phone. The GPS function works fine, though. I wanted the 760, but it was a bit out of my price range. You may also want to look at one of the W models, as they have a bigger screen.

4. belvdr macrumors 601

I have an AvMap G5, and have enjoyed it and it works great.

5. I'm 5 ft 8 macrumors regular

I'm 5 ft 8

Another vote for Garmin. i got a nuvi 255 w for Christmas. It doesn't have all the whistles & bells but it gets me from point A to B and back. I don't want to be entertained while I drive... just want clear directions. You might want to read some of the comments on this forum.....
    http://forums.gpsreview.net/

ymmv

6. belvdr macrumors 601

My big beef with most of the GPS units is screen size. I still think my AvMap's 5" screen is smallish.