The best iPad keyboard out there

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by nj-morris, Feb 5, 2016.

1. nj-morris macrumors 68000

nj-morris

I've had the 1byone foldable keyboard for about a month and a half now, and I feel inclined to tell everybody how amazing this thing is. Here's why it's the best keyboard money can buy (in my opinion):

-It's FOLDABLE. Yeah, that's right. I've wowed many of my friends by pulling it out of my pocket and unfolding it. When I'm done with it, I can just fold it up and pocket it.
    -It automatically connects upon opening. No switches getting in your way, no need to remember to flip anything when you're done. You just fold it up.
    -The key feel is amazing. Far better than any MacBook keyboard, and light years better than the iPad Pro Smart keyboard. It's just the right key travel, and satisfyingly clicky.
    -It's a small thing, but they made the right shift key smaller in order to make room for full-sized top and bottom arrow keys. I don't use the right shift, and the extra room is nice. Again, a small thing, but well thought out and appreciated.
    -Build is pretty solid. It's either low-grade metal, or very high-end plastic, but either way it's very pleasant.
    -It's super cheap, at £25. That's about half the price of most of the keyboards I found on Amazon, and a fifth of the price of the iPad Pro keyboard, plus having all the above advantages.
    -This isn't specific to this particular keyboard, but I'm impressed with the implementation in iOS since I used a Bluetooth keyboard last. The suggestion bar is there, along with auto-correct. Also, the implementation of the 2 finger trackpad iOS 9 feature is pretty good. And the cursor movement with the Ctrl and Alt keys and selection with the Shift key is something I use regularly.

The 1byone keyboard isn't the only one of these out there, if you search 'foldable keyboard' on Amazon it will come up with almost identical keyboards. Trust me, it's worth every penny.

2. Farrellcollie, Feb 14, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 14, 2016

Farrellcollie macrumors 6502

I tried that folding keyboard but the keys were a bit cramped and the one I received was faulty so I returned it. After using it for a week, it quit charging and would not turn on.
    I was using an older apple wireless keyboard, but I am now using the Logitech k811 bluetooth keyboard and I love it. It is light and thin, it is backlit, and most importantly for me, the keys are spaced better than on the apple keyboard or the folding one. It does not fold so it is not as compact as the folding keyboard, but it is thin, has a physical on/off key so it is easy to know if the keyboard is on or not, does not need separate batteries -recharges through usb, packs quite easily in my briefcase, weighs less than the apple keyboard (the AA batteries made it a tad heavy), it pairs easily with my ipad pro and two other devices with a simple press of a key, and fits well on my pad and quill ipad pro oxford case for typing.

3. artfossil macrumors 6502a

artfossil

I have that Logitech keyboard at home where I pair it with my iPad Air and my laptop and it is incredibly well designed. It's a pleasure to use.