The best ipad stand by far

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by Gameaholic, May 9, 2010.

1. Gameaholic macrumors member

2. rhinosrcool macrumors 65816

rhinosrcool

That looks like a great stand. However, I would really like to see user reviews. Unfortunately, with that site's process, it may not happen.

3. MacToddB macrumors 6502a

MacToddB

I like it, and voted for it. I've been hoping to get something like what Apple has in their stores, to demo the iPad, but this looks even better.

4. colmaclean macrumors 68000

colmaclean

For me one thing an iPad stand would need is portability. Don't think this one is the answer.

Maybe he'll make a fold-up version!

5. MacToddB macrumors 6502a

MacToddB

I'd like one that's full featured for my home office, and for portability, I'll keep something like this in my travel bag. Incase includes a small stand with many of their cases.

http://www.goincase.com/products/detail/CL56430/6

6. Skystar macrumors 6502

7. jedolley macrumors 68000

I agree with this 110%.

I saw the incase "stand", but my understand from watching a video review was that it can't do portrait. IMO, the stand that comes with the Switcheasy nude is probably the best option for portable stand at the moment.

8. Mr. Biggles macrumors 6502

Agreed. It looks cheap, probably cost's almost nothing to make....and it works perfect and folds flat for portability.

9. Gameaholic thread starter macrumors member

You have a cool stand but the thing is you can't really play a racing game on that stand and grip on your ipad as you would with something in that video. Sure your stand might be good for changing viewing angles but it doesn't seem like I can play games that I need to grip on the ipad rotating left and right.

10. Skystar macrumors 6502

Maybe like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YaLw3BBFgO4

11. Gameaholic thread starter macrumors member

Nice. I guess this is the only one that's in the market that can do that (rotating 360) but I still prefer the first one for three reasons. 1. I don't like the claws sticking out for the stand. It's pretty freaky and annoying. 2. It seems like the first stand has more fluidity when you are rotating the ipad. 3. When you agressively rotate the claws against the edges of ipad there is always the possibilty for stratches. And I wouldn't want to buy an extra ipad case for the stand with claws. Thx for sharing the video tho

12. jedolley macrumors 68000

I agree that the Quirky submission is more "fluid". However, if the Cloak is any indication, things change. Also, from his description he is using clear case to hold the iPad. Things can change in the design, but based on his initial design this stand will only be nekkid iPad friendly. The Luxa2, as Skystar has shown us, can accommodate an iPad in a case.

I'm not sure either of them are my cup of tea, but if I were choosing between the two right now, I would go for the Luxa2.