The Best iPhone Case

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by mickbab, Sep 28, 2008.

1. mickbab macrumors 65816

mickbab

Im not sure if anyone has started a thread like this (i have seen threads on specific cases) but...

What iPhone case do you use?

Have you used others?

What do you like about your case?

Cost? Ease of use? etc.

Ulitmately, we want to find the best iPhone case on MacRumors.

I use an Exo case, 2Tone - ELECTRAonBLACK (it glows in the dark!) and i like it (but then again i haven't used any others so i wouldnt know).

I hope this thread goes well.

2. madfresh macrumors regular

I found the iSkin Revo to be a really nice case. I have stopped using it though because I just like the way the phone feels without a case. I now use a Marware sleeve.

3. DaytonaJae macrumors newbie

In order of ownership,

Agent 18 ClearShield 3G
    I wanted a totally clear case to show off the new white iphone. This was it.
    Too bad it breaks apart as soon as you drop it. Had to replace my iphone after 1 drop because of this case.

Speck See-Thru Clear
    Fit and finish was cheap, the phone wiggled inside the case, and the sliding part tended to scratch the chrome during movement. Plastic was very thin and flexible. Returned to the Apple store after a week.

Griffin Wave
    Added mass to the phone, plastic felt cheap but solid. Fit and finish did not impress me much, as gaps between the two pieces could be seen installed on a bare 3G.

SwitchEasy Capsule Rebel Arctic
    Awesome case, great protection. Look may not be suitable for all people. Sort of hard to put on and take off.

SwitchEasy Capsule Neo White
    Pretty much the perfect case for me so far. Looks elegant and classy with an expensive feel. This is my current case.

4. rKunda macrumors 65816

rKunda

5. mickbab thread starter macrumors 65816

mickbab

Looks like quite a nice case, except it doesnt cover the chrome.

The SwitchEasy looks great, very interesting.

The Revo also looks good, all these cases seem to have something going for them. Marware looks nice and simple.

Yes I agree, the iPhone is great without a case, but better to be safe i guess.

Thanks to all 4 of you that posted, anyone else?

6. fishel9 macrumors newbie

7. Sweetbike40 macrumors 65816

Sweetbike40

I was looking for simplicity and good protection. Something that wouldn't take away from the beauty and feel of the phone. I thought i'd like a clear case but actually found those very unattractive on the phone. After all my research and trials, it's come down to 2. Switcheasy's Colors in Milk and Incase Slider, white gloss.

8. nimda0 macrumors 6502

nimda0

9. Bobioden macrumors 68000

Bobioden

Personally I think it is one of the most unattractive cases available.

Hands down the best case I have seen, and own, is a Vaja Leather case. Does not add any bulk, beautiful leather, and perfect fit. Cost is high, but you get what you pay for. (P.S. I do not work for the company)

10. madonnasmanone macrumors member

I second that! I ordered the ivolution Top SP (Black with Rosso stripe). It appears that they have changed the name of the color of stripe I ordered from Rosso to Cayenne Red. However, whatever they call it, the stripe is red, and it looks beautiful against the black.

The following link will take you to the page for the ivolution Top SP, and you can customize the color combination:

http://www.vajachoice.com/id/flash_v1.nsf/Main?OpenPage&codigoProd=cap364ik

I really LOVE this case. It adds no bulk, and it really is a thing of beauty.

www.vajacases.com

Check them out. I think they are the best!

11. threezero macrumors 6502

I second the Switcheasys.

I have both rebel and neo. Rebel first than the neo. Rebel installation was EAAASSSSYYYY compare to the neo. I had to put it on 2 times to get it right but once i did i'm contend to just leave it on. It feels great looks great and protects it very well.

Definately recommend it for patient people who want just one case to throw on the phone and forget about it.

12. larapumkin macrumors regular

13. BLACK MAC macrumors 6502

I like the Incase Slider. I had the Griffin Wave and it was nice, but was a bit too thick and the gaps weren't closed to allow dirt and lint to get in there.

14. Kaushal macrumors member

Case-Mate Carbon Fiber Leather Case........!! The best in my opinion :cool:

15. kicko macrumors 65816

I don't mean to make light for the testimonial of the motorcycle crash, because if in fact it is true the hell with the phone, that guy is lucky to be alive. I just think it was told in an exaggerated fashion, 15' on the face then 15' on the back, why not just say i slid 30'? I think that would make one hell of a super bowl commerical.

beyond that i had said i was looking for a pouch with a clip for the incase slider. Looking at this http://tuff-as-nuts.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=665

it looks as if the speaker would be blocked and muffled. Why not make a case vertical and have open sides, which is a much better design? That and i find the cases expensive.

16. Brandon Heat macrumors regular

how come no one talks about seidio cases???

I'm a belt clip guy though... Maybe most of you like to hold just the phone or pocket it...

17. m98evolution macrumors newbie

+1 for the SwitchEasy Neo (I have the black)

In addition to the Neo I have the fullbodyfilms along with the anti-glare installed and its been the best protection solution for my iPhone thus far.

18. dannyar macrumors 6502

Seidio Innocase and its not even close. As far as slimness, design, feel nothing else comes close.

19. neesh0 macrumors 6502a

neesh0

My vote goes toward the revo, the downside is that it is pretty pricey

20. Hybrids macrumors newbie

+1 for Seidio case, I bought it this week and I love it. I have switch easy and Marware C.E.O Flip Vue.

21. psywzrd macrumors 68030

Another vote for the Seidio Innocase. Awesome case!

22. elmaestro macrumors newbie

Best case? Dunno...at least not yet.

Bought the Incipio Sililcrylic at the store just to have a case. Then got an Incipio ECO pouch because I miss my old Belkin Slim-Fit pouch for my original iPhone. And I'm about to order a Vaja iVolution Stripes case.

I'm guessing that, as soon as I get it, the Vaja will be the best case I will own but as to what's the best case for anyone, that will be up to the aesthetic tastes and functional needs of the person.

23. ki2594 macrumors 6502a

Capsule Neo was sent to me by Switcheasy, was an OK case, i had a sagging problem with the rebel after that. I used the Incase Slider the most, but now, i love the 3G's feel so much that i decided to just buy a slip in case. So i bought the Sena Ultra Slim case and it is great! Real thin and protects the phone when its in my pocket :D

Now i'm just using that and a screen shield.

24. pocketdoc macrumors 6502a

Another supporter of Seidio Innocase II. Great, slim case.

I have tried SGP and another snap on slim case, but these only cover the bask and some of the sides. Seidio's covers almost all of the sides and the silver front.

I love their wood case.