The Best Ipod Touch/Iphone Mod! Streaming Video & Music Anywhere!

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by reeco, Nov 16, 2007.

1. reeco macrumors regular

reeco

2. alana22 macrumors regular

OMG !!!

That is freaking amazing. I'm so doing this right now.

3. Exsomos macrumors newbie

That is really really Freaking Cool!!!!

Is there anything like that for Windows????

I am so there if there is....:D

4. reeco thread starter macrumors regular

reeco

at the moment its only mac compatible. Great piece of kit tho.

5. PMB macrumors 65816

PMB

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!!!! make it for windows!!!!!!!

i SOOOOOOO want that!

6. Gondry macrumors member

Totally awesome, can't get video's and music to stream though.

Love the camera and remote desktop thing. How on earth does this work when you're not on your home wifi?

7. reeco thread starter macrumors regular

reeco

To get music and vids to stream go to properties on the iphone remote software. Then click on "share media insecurely" This will make the vids and music stream!

8. Gondry macrumors member

cheers! how insecure is this?

9. reeco thread starter macrumors regular

reeco

not very, unless someone knows your mac ip then its nearly impossible to access your mac info. the only time anyone can access your media is if you are logged into iphone remote and someone knows your ip address! otherwise its impossible!

Hope this helps! :)

10. teflon macrumors 6502a

teflon

That's pretty awesome! I was thinking of not jail breaking my iPod touch when I get it, but I would have to now for that! ;)
    reeco, what are the names of the two songs that were playing in your iTunes during the youtube video? I quite like it :D.

11. bdsmyth macrumors regular

Not all that

I watched the video and thought, cool, downloaded it and installed the app on my trusty MacBook and started playing around with it. So after above 10 minutes I've uninstalled it and here's why.

1) on itunes unless you look at your Mac you can't tell what's playing, what's next etc. You can't even navigate through playlists so as for as remotes go its extremely basic and needs a lot of improvement.

2) I really wanted to test the streaming of movies to my itouch, but if your movies are stored on an external hard disk then like me you are totally out of luck as this function only searches the movies folder on the internal HD.

This program has a lot of room for improvement and I hope that the developers work on and change it from something that's not all that yet, to something fantastic which this program really could be.

One to keep watching, but not much use yet.

Cheers
    Barry

12. mrsilkunderwear macrumors newbie

Ok seems pretty cool but how do i access my dekstop using my ipod? What webpage to i go to?
    Edit: Seems i was right? The ip adress is where i am supposed to go to?

13. TaKashMoney macrumors 6502

While it is true that there is definitely room for improvement, you CAN access media on your external harddrive. Just navigate to the appropriate file! You can access all of your files even ones on external HDDs by just clicking the right file path,

14. zub3qin macrumors 65816

zub3qin

Streaming to iphone doesn't work

I have a macbook running leopard.

If you launch an mp3 or mp4 from spotlight, it just runs on the macbook- not on the iphone.
    And I did enable the "share media insecurely" button in preferences. Is there something with the ":5012" that you are supposed to do?

15. reeco thread starter macrumors regular

reeco

So far I belive this program is only tiger compatible.

16. reeco thread starter macrumors regular

reeco

17. grandeabc macrumors member

grandeabc

It' works on Leopard too! I have Leopard, and I can play videos (avi and MP4 only) and music (mp3). But, you can not use the spootlight for that, you MUST navigate through your directory (Files icon), and once you find the music or video (avi) that you want to listen, just click over the file. You will see the video/music streaming/playing into yout iTouch. It's a wonderfull program, because I could streamn an avi file with 1:30 hour (1gb) of video without any interruption and high quality of sound and image. This is a killer app.
    Very nice, and YES it works with Leopard as well.

18. Mammoth macrumors 6502a

Mammoth

Good program but there are some issues with using it on my computer because my account has parental controls on it. It may not be from the parental controls though. The program being native to the iPod might help as well.

19. superted macrumors newbie

got to say, i'm very impressed. Set it up on an Ad-Hoc network to my macbook (which made me realise i could actually SFTP into my ipod touch just using an ad-hoc network)

great program

20. Mammoth macrumors 6502a

Mammoth

I can't check now, but I am 99% sure I have enabled streaming on my computer , yet streaming still does not work. Could it be because my computer is at the log in screen? (My account is still logged in and running)

21. brando06 macrumors regular

So when i try to stream a movie from my computer it says... "file to big to run in safari"?? How do i stream movies??

22. Ronnoco macrumors 68030

Ronnoco

I too can get the remote working but cannot stream...:mad:

23. brando06 macrumors regular

Come on guys help me out.... how come this happens?? In the video the guy is watching the matrix, that movie is a huge file.... do i have to convert it to mp4?? Or can i watch an .avi?? It says i can stream ANY video... doesn't seem true!!

24. hayakuu macrumors newbie

25. audirtbiker macrumors newbie

well im just playing around with it and this is pretty slick...

i can only stream mp4 files, my .mov wouldnt play on it