The best MBP keyboard protector?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by drambuie, Nov 30, 2010.

1. drambuie macrumors 6502a

I'm looking for opinions on the iSkin Protouch and Moshi keyboard skins. I've read user reviews, and both products are rated as either the best thing since sliced bread, or a piece of crap. Also, most reviews are based on short term use, so I'm looking for feedback based on longer usage. I have a new 15" MBP with the hi-res anti-glare screen, so non-contact with the screen when closed is important, along with protecting the MBP.

2. newbiemacguy128 macrumors regular

Moshi for sure. Very thin, but it still has some contact with the screen. I actually think this is because my skin will shift around inside my laptop because the keyboard protector is so thin.

3. ryanrich macrumors regular

I have a Crumpler one that I find quite good. Also doubles as a great mousepad for my Magic Mouse... :)

4. Funkatronic macrumors 6502

Funkatronic

5. Bill Gates macrumors 68020

Bill Gates

The Moshi is not very comfortable to type on and requires frequent cleaning to keep it looking clear. I find silicone keyboard protectors to be far better.

6. jetblk328i macrumors 6502

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

Moshi. However as the poster said before me, gets dirty/ faded easily. However still looks ok.

7. thait3n macrumors newbie