Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

It's Memorial Day weekend, and retailers across the Internet are hosting a wide variety of discount events to honor the holiday and celebrate the unofficial start of summer. In this article, we're tracking discounts on Apple products and related accessories from Amazon, Anker, Eufy, Samsung, Target, and more.

Memorial-Day-Deals-2021-Apple.jpg
Note: MacRumors is an affiliate partner with some of these vendors. When you click a link and make a purchase, we may receive a small payment, which helps us keep the site running.

If you're looking for discounts on iPads and MacBooks, be sure to check out our post from yesterday that focused on Memorial Day deals from Best Buy. There you'll find record low prices on the 5th generation iPad Air, iPad mini 6, M2 MacBook Air, and M3 MacBook Pro.

Amazon

airpods-pro-final-memorial-day-not-again.jpg

Like most other retailers, Amazon's Memorial Day discounts are sitewide discounts across a number of different product categories. In terms of Apple devices, we're tracking steep discounts on Apple Pencil 2, AirPods, Apple Watch, iPad, and MacBook Air, all of which we've collected in the list below.

Anker

anker-memorial-day.jpg

Anker has quite a few discounts this Memorial Day weekend, highlighted by the best price we've ever seen on the popular Portable Power Station with Smart Display + Retractable Light, available for $94.99 with an on-page coupon, down from $149.99. You'll also find sales on MagSafe-compatible accessories, Bluetooth speakers, Eufy's Bluetooth trackers, and Jackery's best portable power stations.

Audio

Portable Batteries

Power Stations

Wall Chargers

Hubs
... Click here to read rest of article

Article Link: The Best Memorial Day Apple Deals From Amazon, Anker, and More

jb310

macrumors 6502
Aug 24, 2017
A hundred dollars off a 15-inch MacBook Air? Now that's pretty intriguing... 👀

amartinez1660

macrumors 68000
Sep 22, 2014
I’d like to add that Target sucks. Tried to get them to price match Amazon for a $79 pencil but their system wouldn’t let them do it (“exceeded the maximum discount”), even the manager at Guest Services. Come on man…
At least they tried, the problem is then way deeper up high.

Reactions: Alameda

amartinez1660

macrumors 68000
Sep 22, 2014
What do you think about AirPods Pro 2? It isn’t currently on discount but they come very often… my AirPods Pro 1 are starting to do a lot of crackling (unusable) when in noise cancelling/transparency modes on one side and wondering if I should wait for a next AirPods Pro or just go with the second gen whenever they get discounted again.

dannyyankou

macrumors G5
Mar 2, 2012
Westchester, NY
I’d like to add that Target sucks. Tried to get them to price match Amazon for a $79 pencil but their system wouldn’t let them do it (“exceeded the maximum discount”), even the manager at Guest Services. Come on man…
As someone who has worked for Target recently, I can tell you they didn't follow the policy. There is no maximum discounts for price matches. The only requirement is that it's shipped and sold on Amazon and they match the price.

sw1tcher

macrumors 603
Jan 6, 2004
As someone who has worked for Target recently, I can tell you they didn't follow the policy. There is no maximum discounts for price matches. The only requirement is that it's shipped and sold on Amazon and they match the price.
This isn't the first time I've read/heard about this. Very recent policy change?

https://www.reddit.com/r/Target/comments/17evxcv

Question:
Why is it when I price match at Target (and I am being allowed to price match) it won’t allow the employee to lower the price ? It says the new price is beyond the limit ?? I’ve never experienced this before can someone help?

Replies:
-> There were some policy changes to prevent TMs from improperly reducing pricing. There are both percentage and dollar amount limits and the system now stops TMs from going below these. Also, depending on where you are matching, it might no longer be allowed.

-> Registers won’t allow us to do price changes past a certain amount now. Sorry.

@GREEN4U ??? -> Old thread but they wouldn’t allow me to price match an Apple Pencil, Amazon selling it for $79 and target is 129 or 140 plus tax

dannyyankou

macrumors G5
Mar 2, 2012
Westchester, NY
This isn't the first time I've read/heard about this. Very recent policy change?

https://www.reddit.com/r/Target/comments/17evxcv

Question:
Why is it when I price match at Target (and I am being allowed to price match) it won’t allow the employee to lower the price ? It says the new price is beyond the limit ?? I’ve never experienced this before can someone help?

Replies:
-> There were some policy changes to prevent TMs from improperly reducing pricing. There are both percentage and dollar amount limits and the system now stops TMs from going below these. Also, depending on where you are matching, it might no longer be allowed.

-> Registers won’t allow us to do price changes past a certain amount now. Sorry.

@GREEN4U ??? -> Old thread but they wouldn’t allow me to price match an Apple Pencil, Amazon selling it for $79 and target is 129 or 140 plus tax
They did not change the policy. I'm pretty sure what's happening here is that some employees are not trained properly and they don't know how to process a price match.

On the register, they have to select the price match function and select the competitor they're price matching. If they don't go through those steps and simply adjust the price, the system will give them an error.

Reactions: stx66 and iLuddite

dynamojoe

macrumors regular
Mar 31, 2011
Miami, FL
Some good deals here. The
You can get that price all day, any day, from Apple EDU

Yup. Some of these deals are ok but the apple education discount is usually just as good for new Apple gear. B&H also usually carries new Apple at or near the EDU price. For previous-gen gear, shop around a lot and buy what you need when you need it.

Personally I'm waiting for the back to school offers to make some decisions. Usually it starts in early-mid June.

dannyyankou

macrumors G5
Mar 2, 2012
Westchester, NY
Some good deals here. The

Yup. Some of these deals are ok but the apple education discount is usually just as good for new Apple gear. B&H also usually carries new Apple at or near the EDU price. For previous-gen gear, shop around a lot and buy what you need when you need it.

Personally I'm waiting for the back to school offers to make some decisions. Usually it starts in early-mid June.
I love their education site. They don't even verify anything. It feels like a secret sale that not a lot of people know about.

Reactions: turbineseaplane

darngooddesign

macrumors P6
Jul 4, 2007
Atlanta, GA
What do you think about AirPods Pro 2? It isn’t currently on discount but they come very often… my AirPods Pro 1 are starting to do a lot of crackling (unusable) when in noise cancelling/transparency modes on one side and wondering if I should wait for a next AirPods Pro or just go with the second gen whenever they get discounted again.
Best Buy has the USB-C AirPods Pro 2 for $60 off.

• Love
Reactions: amartinez1660

CausticSoda

macrumors 6502a
Feb 14, 2014
Abu Dhabi
I love their education site. They don't even verify anything. It feels like a secret sale that not a lot of people know about.
I wonder why that is. In the rest of the world (I think) it has got very strict. In the UK for example it now only applies to university students now, not schools, and you have to go through a site called Unidays to verify you are a student. Just curious…

Reactions: G5isAlive

dannyyankou

macrumors G5
Mar 2, 2012
Westchester, NY
I wonder why that is. In the rest of the world (I think) it has got very strict. In the UK for example it now only applies to university students now, not schools, and you have to go through a site called Unidays to verify you are a student. Just curious…

Apple was going to do the same thing in the US, but there was outcry because lots of K-12 schools in the US don't have .edu email addresses. So Apple reversed their decision.

CausticSoda

macrumors 6502a
Feb 14, 2014
Abu Dhabi
Apple was going to do the same thing in the US, but there was outcry because lots of K-12 schools in the US don't have .edu email addresses. So Apple reversed their decision.
Thanks, I see… In the UK though, school children and teachers do not qualify anyway regardless of email address. I don’t know why they decided to wipe schools from the programme.

NightFox

macrumors 68040
May 10, 2005
Shropshire, UK
This is no way to "celebrate" Memorial Day, with deals on electronics. Memorial Day should be a time for remembering the veterans who fought and sacrificed to preserve the freedoms we enjoy today.
Yeah, I've never understood this. In the UK, Remembrance Sunday thankfully remains more true to its intent of sombre reflection and I'd hope there'd be a public backlash against any attempt to commercially exploit it on this level.

dannyyankou

macrumors G5
Mar 2, 2012
Westchester, NY
This is no way to "celebrate" Memorial Day, with deals on electronics. Memorial Day should be a time for remembering the veterans who fought and sacrificed to preserve the freedoms we enjoy today.
Right, I've never understood why they couldn't just leave Memorial Day alone as a day of remembrance and just do all the start of summer sales when, I don't know, summer actually begins June 20? I guess they'll already be on to back to school sales by then though 🙄

Reactions: 257Loner

stx66

macrumors newbie
Dec 29, 2004
They did not change the policy. I'm pretty sure what's happening here is that some employees are not trained properly and they don't know how to process a price match.

On the register, they have to select the price match function and select the competitor they're price matching. If they don't go through those steps and simply adjust the price, the system will give them an error.
I had this issue with Target earlier this week. Tried to get a price match on iPad Air 5th gen. Both Amazon and Walmart had it for the same price. Target lead would not match Amazon or Walmart. I ended up just driving to Walmart 30 miles away.

dannyyankou

macrumors G5
Mar 2, 2012
Westchester, NY
I had this issue with Target earlier this week. Tried to get a price match on iPad Air 5th gen. Both Amazon and Walmart had it for the same price. Target lead would not match Amazon or Walmart. I ended up just driving to Walmart 30 miles away.
That's a shame. They're supposed to honor competitor prices as long as it's not a third party seller (needs to be sold and shipped by Amazon or Walmart). Better to sell something for less than to lose a customer.

Westside guy

macrumors 603
Oct 15, 2003
The soggy side of the Pacific NW
I don't disagree, but it is what it is. You could say the same thing about Fourth of July sales, Thanksgiving weekend sales (Black Friday), Veterans Day sales, etc. etc.

You can only control what you yourself do - so make sure to show appreciation to the living veterans in your family and wider circle.

Reactions: Flight Plan

Flight Plan

macrumors 6502a
May 26, 2014
Southeastern US
Maybe somebody at Target Corporate has been taking notes. You know, Red Lobster. And maybe Sam Ash. Oh and then there’s Bed Bath, and Beyond.
At least they tried, the problem is then way deeper up high.
Can’t be giving away too much free shrimp and lobster!
That could come back to bite them.
Yep, me too.
You are of course 100% correct. And they didn’t just “fight and sacrifice”. They made the ULTIMATE sacrifice. What’s what “memorial” means.
I don't disagree, but it is what it is. You could say the same thing about Fourth of July sales, Thanksgiving weekend sales (Black Friday), Veterans Day sales, etc. etc.

You can only control what you yourself do - so make sure to show appreciation to the living veterans in your family and wider circle.
Those other holidays are somewhat less somber, of course. Independence Day celebrates Independence. Yes, there was a war, but that’s not what that holiday is all about. Thanksgiving is for giving thanks. Veterans Day celebrates veterans. Of course death is a part of everything about human life, but those other holidays don’t really commemorate “death” or the ultimate sacrifice. Except Memorial Day, of course. And maybe D-Day, Pearl Harbor Day, and 9/11.

I’m not offended by holiday sales, no. But I generally don’t go around telling people “Happy Memorial Day”. It doesn’t feel right for me to be outside grilling on that day, either. The person I’m talking to may have lost a loved one, a buddy, or a fellow soldier, who is probably more like a brother, given all the things you go through together.

I can grill and swim and crack a beer on just about any other day. And so I will.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.