The best thing about having an iPad.

Discussion in 'iPad' started by ninerfan, Nov 10, 2011.

1. ninerfan macrumors regular

A cold winter day, cuddled under a soft throw with my puppy, and not having to juggle a big laptop.

There are many other "bests", but this one tops the list today!

2. Yr Blues macrumors 68020

;)

I like ultra compact gadgets like the 12" powerbook and 11" air. the best thing is its portability. also, the $499 entry price.

3. filmbuff macrumors 6502a

filmbuff

Instant on/off, being able to carry it all day without ever worrying about battery life.

4. Angler macrumors regular

In bed fire going reading a book on my iPad late night with my headphones plugged into my favorite tunes :eek:.

5. hismikeness macrumors regular

The fact it makes my dad jealous. All he has is a touch. It's funny because mom has an iPad which he bought for her and she seriously never lets him use it. It's classic.

Also, the fact I saved the money for mine. I'm not usually good at saving.

Gives me something to do while my wife gets the tv to watch Vampire Diaries and Fringe.

Speaker is loud enough to be on the counter and be heard in the shower but not outside the bathroom.

I've actually learned to type pretty well on it, but the symbol key is frustrating. I'd like to see a push and hold to get a symbol on each letter key. I do like the double tap space bar thing I try it on my real keyboard at work and it pisses me off.

The picture frame feature. I set it on the mantle when people come over that I'd rather not have them asking to use my iPad. They just think its an electronic picture frame and pay it no further mind.

6. thelookingglass macrumors 68000

I can't narrow it down to just one thing. For me it's a combination of the big screen, smooth/responsive OS, app selection and long battery life that really make the iPad a joy to use.

7. neutrino23 macrumors 68000

I find the versatility amazing. As pointed out above, it is great for reading in bed, either books or news on the web. And it is great that the battery lasts all day, and that it is so light and thin it is easy to take anywhere. And it has a compass and accelerometers and WiFi and a GPS so it can be used for navigation while traveling. And you can hold it up to the night sky with apps like Star Walk and see the names of the stars and constellations. And on and on.

8. Yr Blues macrumors 68020

Are you worried the steam might corrode or short the electronics?

9. Skika macrumors 68030

The what?

10. Chocolatemilty macrumors 6502a

I suppose the lack thereof? That's definitely a plus.

11. PBG4 Dude macrumors 68020

PBG4 Dude

My iPad only needs to reboot after a software update. Don't think any CPU-based device I've owned has the uptime of my iPad or iPhone.

12. Hallivand macrumors regular

Hallivand

It's just that the iPad is always ready to go, whether you need to quickly look up a term or check the morning headlines. I love using mine during my cafe trips :) coupled with a nice cappuccino :D usually for forum surfing, news tracking and social networking :)

13. Sandman1969 macrumors 6502a

Sandman1969

We have used our iPhones on a docking base since they came out and never had any problems.

We have used radios in the bathroom while showering forever and never had a radio go out.

Granted we use the exhaust fans and our bathroom is never a sauna loaded with steam.

On topic, I just love having a "mini" computer that I can take with me wherever I go and do 90% of what I need to do on my regular computer. Actually more since I don't read books on the computer.

Plus it is very nice that I can be with my wife while she watches her shows yet I am doing something else. So I can be there when she watches Greys Anatomy and I can do my fantasy football.

14. IrishVixen macrumors 68020

IrishVixen

The "mini computer" idea is my favorite too. My 17" MBP never goes anywhere with me due to the size & weight. Since the first iPad entered the house At launch last year, the MBP rarely even gets opened, while the iPad goes everywhere and does 80% of what used to happen on the laptop. Pretty remarkable, really.

15. Vizin, Nov 12, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 28, 2013
  16. master-ceo macrumors 65816

master-ceo

Long Battery Life. Instant Access. Storing all my Manuals and Books.

17. vaugha macrumors regular

Yep main reason why I'm anemored. Getting ipad 3 for sho.

18. Cheffy Dave macrumors 68030

Cheffy Dave

Sunny Florida, on the Gulf Coast in Homosassa Fl
    Everything, I just love it, use it almost all day/evening, love to surf while watching sports/TV/news.I am amazed the use it gets, mine is the iPad1, hers is the iPad 2, we love them, and we are in our early 60's;)

19. aneftp macrumors 601

Instant on. Waking up at 358 pm.
    Realizing my stock is up. Logging into my Merrill Lynch app.

Making a trade within 45 seconds. Beating the 4pm standard trading deadline. Easy $1200 profit.

20. SDColorado macrumors 65816

SDColorado

It makes a nice over-sized GPS in the tank bag of my motorcycle for road trips :)

21. sionharris macrumors regular

22. yeah macrumors 6502a

yeah

Having 3G off-contract!

23. penfan82 macrumors regular

The fact that I don't have to sit with the bulky lap top I can surf and watch tv and not have to worry about battery life or cables