The BEST time for my computer to DIE!

Texas04

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 2, 2005
Texas
:D:mad::apple:

Yes, I am all of those different emotions and more... :)

You see, last week I finally took my computer in (on a Friday) to get the left fan replaced. After talkin' it up with the Genius he ordered a left and right fan, along with a new logic board just in case for my old MBP. I was happy, lots of new parts! Happy MBP!
THEN ALL HELL BREAKS LOOSE!
On Monday my computer has 12 Kernel Panics in a ROW!! My computer then does not start up!!! OMG! Frustrated :mad: I call Apple and demand a replacement! I already wasted time fixing it once and now its broken again!!! They don't comply so I ask a friend with free time to head out to the Apple Store for me and get it checked in again for another Logic Board.

Phase 3
It comes back BROKEN AGAIN
Sure, it starts up, by the graphics look like NASTY! :mad::eek: I cant even type a paper because I cant read the text!! AGH!! And it crashes when I run Expose! I call Apple Care AGAIN and DEMAND a replacement! They actually complied!!

So yes, tonight I packed up my MBP, put it at the Fed Ex station, and tomorrow my order will be processed for a brand new base model, MBP. My computer was the 1st generation MBP and now I get a BRAND NEW MBP on LEOPARDS RELEASE DATE!!! WHOO HOO!!

Apple Care said it would come with Tiger, but I have a funny hunch it will come with Leopard! :D

So exited!! CANT WAIT! :D:apple:

queshy

macrumors 68040
Apr 2, 2005
nice to see they replaced it...even if it doesn't come with leopard you can still buy it for 10$...and considering you got a whole new computer I wouldn't be disappointed if it didn't come with the new OS. Hope the new one is good. Keep us posted.

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.