iPhone The best tweaks to add functionality (Help a noobie?)

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by chrf097, Feb 9, 2013.

1. chrf097 macrumors 68040

chrf097

I used to be big into jailbreaking back on my 2G iPod touch in the iOS 2.0 and 3.0 days, around getting my 4th Gen iPod touch and iOS 4.0 and I started to lose interest in jailbreaking.

Fast forward to today with my iPhone 4S and iOS 6.1, and I'm back into jailbreaking, but now more for functionality.

I want to find good tweaks that help breathe life into iOS. If it's visual or functionality, I want to at least know about it.

WHAT I'M NOT INTERESTED IN:
    • Themes (Don't care for them, Winterboard takes up space)
    • Tethering (Never had a need for it)
    • Changing anything to Google (Apple Maps works fine in my area and I'm slowing moving from using Google Services)
    • Widgets (Unless they are widgets in the NC Center; No Dashboard X or Inteliscreen stuff)

Tweaks/Apps that I have installed right now:
    Auxo (And AppList)
    Bars
    biteSMS
    BlurriedNCBackground
    Custom NoNewsLabel
    iCleaner
    NoNewsIsGoodNews
    RespringCacheFix

What are good tweaks that add functionality and overall make the iOS experience better? I'm looking at maybe buying Springtomize and MountainCenter. What are good tweaks/stock app replacements to enhance iOS and add new features/improve current ones Any suggestions?

2. JohnnyJlo128 macrumors newbie

Protube 2 enhances the youtube app by letting you do basically anything you can think of including downloading the video/song.

Callbar - improves the calling interface so that instead of a call taking up the whole screen and stopping what you are doing, it takes up only the status bar and you can continue doing everything on your phone. I highly recommend this.

Folderenhancer allows you to place as many apps into a folder as you want instead of the limit Apple gives you

Infinidock allows you to have more than 4 icons in your dock

3. rgarjr macrumors 603

rgarjr

4. HighLife420 macrumors 6502a

5. bandofbrothers, Feb 9, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 10, 2013

bandofbrothers macrumors 601

bandofbrothers

Hi,

There are already a few good live threads that are talking about what tweaks they have, and what they do.

Perhaps perform a 'search' and take a look.

I use ......

Barrel which adds a bit of eye candy.
    Bulletin
    Folder enhamncer.
    Springtomize 2
    icleaner
    ifile
    NC Settings.
    Respring fast
    Winterboard

6. T5BRICK macrumors 604

T5BRICK

I use NCSettings a LOT. I've also grown very fond of Springtomize2. Jukebox is pretty neat.

Oh! And F.lux! I'm never going to regularly use a gadget or computer without it.