The Best Way to Play MTGO

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Sum 2 Three, Dec 25, 2008.

1. Sum 2 Three macrumors newbie

Searching didn't turn up any hard answers to my question, so I'll ask it here:

Which virtual machine (PC) would be best to use in order to play Magic: The Gathering Online (MTGO) on my new macbook? I'm thinking of trying it out, and trying to figure out what I need to do in order to run it.

I currently only have an OS X partition on my computer, though I do have a copy of windows. I don't know much of anything about how such virtual machine programs work or how to install/setup such programs, but I can read about that elsewhere.

Does anyone have any particular experience with MTGO and various virtual machine programs on OS X? Also, MTGO uses proprietary tools like .NET (maybe others) which I assume is an important and relevant fact.

Thanks

2. hotalby macrumors newbie

I'm using VMWare Fusion

i just got VMware just to play Modo. it runs it okay. i have the macbook with GMA X3100 and only thing i have problems with is the life totals don't show up when im playing until it gets pass the double digits. its annoying but manageable. :eek: