The best way to wipe the iPad screen?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Gameaholic, May 30, 2010.

1. Gameaholic macrumors member

Hey guys,

What is the best way/product/method to wipe the iPad screen with, leaving both the smudges and fingerprints off? I try using the cloth that comes with the iPod touch but it doesn't seem to work too well. While the fingerprints are gone, there are still smudges on the iPad screen that I just can't get rid of. Thanks*

2. RobNor macrumors 6502

3. eTip macrumors 6502

How to wipe:

Reach around and behind your butt, and lean onto the opposing cheek. Wipe front to back!

Maybe this will help: http://www.howtowipeyourbutt.com/

....apologies in adavance for those that are offended or don't appreciate my occasionally childish sense of humor.

4. MacRy macrumors 68040

MacRy

I use a micro fibre cloth that came with a pair of glasses and wipe it in circulars motions. Comes off really quickly and easily (and I have proper greasy little mitts).

5. gavd macrumors 6502a

I've been using the cloth I had with an earlier version of the iPhone and it's been working OK. Some smudges are more difficult to clean than others but it does get them all off for me.

6. iNickk macrumors member

I think that provided you dont use any window cleaner solution, you'll be fine. I'm using the cloth that came with my tv and it works well.

7. judethat macrumors 6502

judethat

I used a microfibre cloth, this came free with the screen protector I bought and this really does keep the fingerprints off. Makes a big difference.

8. monk fish macrumors member

Using the cloth that came with my samsung Telly.nice and big and the best micro fibre I have come across so far.

9. wrkactjob macrumors 65816

wrkactjob

I use a 5 week old kitten on my iPhone, they are small enough to keep in your pocket and only occasionally need feeding.

10. RexySF macrumors member

I use a wet microfiber followed by a dry one. This helps to get off stubborn marks with out the need to apply a lot of pressure.

11. ventro macrumors 6502a

So as soon as the kitten turns 6 weeks old you throw it out and get a new one?

12. wrkactjob macrumors 65816

wrkactjob

No at 6 weeks it is ideal for the iPad.

Remember a kitten isn't just for Christmas, wait until the new year and there is far more meat on it.

13. 1969cj5 macrumors member

My shirt, the corner of my couch, a damp bath towel, some spit and a paper towel / toilet paper. Anything. Nothing has harmed it yet

14. epi117 macrumors 6502

Eye glass cleaning solution from costco and old cotten cloth clean my ipad with invisi shield perfectly, free refils at costco for solution

15. aussie_geek macrumors 65816

aussie_geek

Don't know about the spit but I use my shirt - gets the marks off well.

16. Hammie macrumors 65816

Hammie

You lick it with your tongue and then wipe it with your shirt. Just like you do to CD's, DVD's, or Blu-ray's. :D

17. Saskamac macrumors newbie

I got some microfibre cleaning cloths from the dollar store yesterday. Sparkle is the brand name and there is two 12"x12" cloths to a package for $1.50, They work extremely well.

18. Robin4 macrumors 6502

A couple of drops of alcohol on a tissue, swipe, it looks and feels brand new.

19. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

I switched to water a long while ago for the computer screens, and generally most everything still comes off.

20. northernbaldy macrumors 6502a

northernbaldy

21. colmaclean macrumors 68000

colmaclean

I use the cloth I got with my MacBook Pro. Works a treat, but I'm sure you can get one cheaper stand-alone. :)

22. eTip macrumors 6502

Nooooooooo....anyhing but front to back is asking for a urinary tract infection..... ;-P

23. maclook macrumors 65816