The BIG day but I won't be getting one until later!!

Discussion in 'iPad' started by mrdee0, Mar 15, 2012.

1. mrdee0 macrumors newbie

Im feeling the excitement of people receiving their ipads tommorow- and I will be up early tommorow scouring webpages/youtube to see unboxings and playings of the new ipad.

I was going to get one last year but things got in the way so then I thought I would wait for the new one and watched the keynote live when details of it were released. I didn't pre-order however as i've some financial stuff to get out of the way first and Im trying to complete a novel and thought a new ipad might be a good incentive to get it done and get the ipad as a reward.

So as a temporary fix I shall be looking forward to tommorow and shall be sharing with you in spirit the experience of getting the new ipad. When you have some time I would ask you to try and put a video or something online -or even a few words here on the forums- the earlier the better as I'll be waiting.:)

Hope you all enjoy your ipads and hope to join you all with mine in the near future!

2. drenline macrumors 6502a

drenline

U can still get one tomorrow. It's called a credit card. Opening a best buy card works too.

Just sayin'

3. nfl46 macrumors 603

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

Oh my.

The iPad will always be for sell. Take care of your financial needs first then get an iPad. It isn't going anywhere.

4. applesith macrumors 68030

applesith

Best to be responsible and spend within your means!

5. hcho3 macrumors 68030

So many people say they cannot afford iPad. They say 500 dollars is a lot.

Then they go to Starbucks, I look at their receipt. It is 5 to 6 dollars. How can people afford to go to Starbucks everyday , but cannot afford iPad?

I see so many ladies who carry Louis Vuitton, coach, Chanel and Gucci bags. And they say iPad costs too much.

Really....

6. powerslave12r macrumors 6502a

They may not be able to afford those other things either, but buy them anyway.

7. powerbook911 macrumors 68040

powerbook911

The final part has more merit than the Starbucks.

It's also easier to spend $5 for a special Starbucks treat than $500+ in one second. Nevertheless, it's still a good point to remember how those little things add up!

To the OP - congratulations! The iPad will be a great reward for completing your novel. Good luck. After all, the future is probably always more important than the present.

8. dgstan macrumors 6502a

If I waited until I finished my novel, I'd never get an iPad.

9. SporkLover macrumors 6502

Eeeeeek. This sort of credit card use is how people put themselves into financial crises.

Just personal perspective, my credit card isn't used to help me buy things I dont have money for, it's used to make large purchases I can afford and wish to not write checks or carry cash for.

@OP, stick to your guns, you'll be rewarded for your due diligence in the future!

10. mrdee0 thread starter macrumors newbie

Yes- but then I would lose the carrot to get my novel complete. By delaying I not only sort out some temporary finance issues but also get a novel complete. Kill two angry birds with one ipad!

Off-topic but Im wondering which country will be getting ipad deliveries first taking account of the timezones?

11. drenline macrumors 6502a

drenline

minimum payment on a best buy credit is only $25 per month.

just sayin'

12. handinhand12 macrumors newbie

Yeah $25 if you don't mind paying interest for the next 10 years.

13. drenline macrumors 6502a

drenline

no interest for 2 years if you're a new member.

14. SmallvilleGirl macrumors newbie

I believe you still have to pay more than the minimum because the fine print will say something to the effect of if you don't pay off the balance in X amount of time they will retroactively charge you all the interest and it's probably something like 26%.

15. bniu macrumors 6502a

That's like playing with matches. Be really careful there. Today I decided to pass on the new iPad by buying an applecare plan for my iPad 2 that will take me through next March. I like to read from a distance and with the text blown up, an iPad 2 looks just as retina from 3 feet away as an iPad 3 would. Besides, I've got more pressing needs on my hands, such as renewing my wardrobe now that I managed to find a real job (no more t-shirts, no more shorts, and more dress shirts, golf shirts, slacks, suits). And a MacBook Air would also help me out more than an iPad 3 would.

At the end of the day, an iPad is just a dumb pipe to the content that you consume. If it wasn't for all the books I like to read on my iPad, as well as the internet stuff, magazines and others I use it for, there'd be no need for it.

Some of my cousins in China are asking me to buy them one. When I asked them what they wanted with it, they just said they wanted to be "cool" and have one. I told them, until they can lay out a "business case" of how they'd benefit from having one, I was not going to subsidize their luxury. If they wanted one to use to actually educate themselves, then I would have no problems "investing" in them...

16. drenline macrumors 6502a

drenline

Here's an idea....

cancel your applecare, sell your ipad 2 to the highest bidder, and pay off the difference between the ipad 2 to new ipad. Or better yet, charge the difference on your card, you won't need to worry about covering the full retail price :D

17. bniu macrumors 6502a

Only problem is, my iPad 2 technically belongs to my dad, with me having full usage rights, but no rights to re-sell, so selling it off is not my call.

18. fullmanfullninj macrumors regular

You might see "so many" teenagers who carry LV, Coach, Chanel, and Gucci bags and complain that the iPad costs too much.
    Well, I live near Newport Beach anyway :p So...... (not in Newport Beach...LOL)

Ever think they might be saying the iPad is too expensive comparatively?

"Oh the iPad is so expensive" can mean:
    -wow, I could get a different tablet for much cheaper!
    -wow, this is out of my price range and I cannot afford it
    -other things

If you see "ladies" or whomever with LV, Coach, etc bags and say the iPad is expensive, then they probably think it's expensive compared to other pieces of technology.

Or, their bags could be fake altogether :p

19. bobright macrumors 601

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

lol come on dude drop the holier than thou attitude

20. drenline macrumors 6502a

drenline

Lol, exactly!