The Big New Macbook Dilemma...

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by MacLadybug, Oct 22, 2008.

1. MacLadybug macrumors 6502a

MacLadybug

What have you chosen to do with your new Sexy Aluminum Macbook... enjoy it by keeping it NAKED, protect it with a Skin (BestSkinsEver, Invisible Shield), or snap a Speck/Incase Shell on it? What will you do?

2. santa.claus macrumors newbie

i havent received it yet - but i think i'll prefer to keep it 'naked'!

3. MacLadybug thread starter macrumors 6502a

MacLadybug

I'm struggling. I had an Incase hardshell on my BlackBook before and nothing on previous notebooks. But this one is soooo slick, I don't want to scratch it. but I love the sleekness and don't want to foul that up. Augh, I don't know what to do!

4. Nykwil macrumors 65816

Nykwil

ill keep it naked, but i'll get a slim neoprene slip case for it...and possibly an anti glare film from powersupport

5. rds macrumors regular

I don't see the point in buying something and then ruining the aesthetics trying to keep it looking new with something like a clear shield. What's the point in trying to keep it looking new when you never actually look at it in all it's (naked) glory?

6. mobilehavoc macrumors 6502

mobilehavoc

I'm guessing unless you plan to play football with it or abuse it, the aluminum should hold up well over time. No?

7. mcdj macrumors G3

mcdj

It's not a cell phone, it's a notebook. A skin on a notebook? Eww. It will trap all the nasty bits and oils that you could otherwise wipe off. A hard shell? Why add bulk to such a sleek machine?

What's wrong with a simple neoprene or a beautiful leather sleeve? Pull it out out when you need it, treat it with care while it's out, put it away as soon as you're done. That's what I did with my 12" Powerbook, and 3 years later it still looks almost new.

The skins are taking over. Pretty soon they will make them for cars, and eventually babies. I think they're awful. They're like the vinyl covers little old ladies put on their tacky white furniture.

p.s. this is neither "big" or "new", or a "dilemma".

8. EricJD macrumors regular

I'm not going to put a skin or anything on mine, but I'll probably get some sort of case to transport it in.

9. jaredtomas macrumors regular

jaredtomas

10. christiemp macrumors regular

christiemp

I am wishing I had a skin on this baby right now as a matter of fact, my applesac has yet to arrive from snail mail :(

I was wrapping up my extension cord for the power adapter before I had put my macbook away and the prong went CLICK against it :( now there is a TINY TINY little black mark on it right where the thumb insert is to open it :(

First scratch. I almost cried.

11. MacLadybug thread starter macrumors 6502a

MacLadybug

Yes, but would the skin covered that spot?

12. StingerT125 macrumors 6502a

StingerT125

I be getting some kind of sleeve for mine for when it is out and about. At home I'll leave it bare.