The Big Switch!?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by jman800, Aug 5, 2009.

1. jman800 macrumors regular

Okaaay. Remember back when the new iPod Touch's came out? The ones with the speakers? Yeaaaah. Its too late at night to get technical with the names such as 1G, 2G blah blah. Anyway, alooot of people didn't want to "Upgrade" to the new iPod because speakers isn't worth the price to get a new one.

(1)Question is, If the new iPod Touch came, with a Camera, but No Video Recording Would you buy it and sell your current one?

(2)Would you if it came, WITH video recording?

(3)Or, would you upgrade purely for more memory?

(4) And then there's, Would you buy it just to be a hip Apple-ster? :D

Thoughts, Answers. :apple:

2. jmann macrumors 604

jmann

bump on a log in a hole in the bottom of the sea
    If I didn't have an iPhone and still had my iPod touch I would definitely upgrade it, if it came with a camera. That is still a nice upgrade. :)

3. jman800 thread starter macrumors regular

Truee. The Speakers upgrade wasn't too phenomenal but the Camera is something for everybody. Or maybe just me. But I fall under the (4) Catergory and got the speakers just to be cool :rolleyes:

[Their actually useful to me :D]

4. muldul macrumors 6502

I would buy it purely for the memory upgrade, as i am looking at getting a classic after the next refresh as my media library is too large for the current touches, but if they released a 64 GB version, i would defiantly buy it

5. 4DThinker macrumors 68020

I'll buy one to review. If it's vastly improved, essentially having become THE best pocket media player out there, I may make it the one I actually use. Plenty of coming competition though. I've a Zii on pre-order as well.

6. MTI macrumors 65816

If Apple decided not to spend the $17 in parts to include the current iPhone 3GS camera (3MP and video), microphone (video sound), GPS module (geo-tagging photos) and magnetometer (compass) . . . would make the next generation iPod Touch a laughing stock. It would also severely impact the sales of apps that are already in the App Store.

7. AustinZ macrumors member

AustinZ

If it does include the (video) camera, microphone, GPS, and compass, I'll definitely trade in. Otherwise, I'd like to stretch my perfectly good 1g lifespan out as long as possible :p.

Apple is not dumb- they know they have to keep on upping the ante. Thus, the development of the iPhone while they had the blazing hot iPod, and the gradual conversion of the iPod touch from simply a music player/downgraded iPhone to a PDA/mini-computer in its own right. The best place for your competitors to be is always playing catch-up, and this sort of an upgrade could be just the thing to one-up the Zune HD etc.

8. TraceyS/FL macrumors 68040

Honestly, the only thing i require is more space - and better battery life. I'm hoping for the 64GB bump and I can get the 32 with a price drop, or the 64 for the same. This will be replacing my busted 30GB video iPod, and I plan on keeping it a LONG TIME.

The 8GB 2g will be mine to dole out to the kids when i feel like they deserve it! :D

GPS and Video would be cool extras to have, but really, more space and some better battery life is all i require.

9. leomac08 macrumors 68020

leomac08

-i own a ipod touch 1G, but if it came with a 3.0 MP camera or higher I would definitly buy it!

-video recording: yes!!!!!!!!! OMG!!!!! yes!!!!!!!!!

-for memory no!, i have an 8GB and i haven't even used it all!

-for fashion, nah unless it doesn't have a camera, i am not going to buy it.

10. TraceyS/FL macrumors 68040

Really? Because, my library doesn't all fit on my 30GB Video and i need space. I don't like picking and choosing, and then i'd like to have multiple movies or tv shows on there.... 8GB isn't working for me! LOL!!

11. leomac08 macrumors 68020

leomac08

hahahaha, i only have about 4GB of music, the rest are apps!!!! lol

16GB will be enough for me!!!!!!!!!!!!!

30GB would probably be insane for me, not even my 40GB play station 3 is full!

12. MTI macrumors 65816

A video camera inside will require either more memory or a micro SD.

13. leomac08 macrumors 68020

leomac08

MICRO SD? wut? the ipod touch becomes a PSP? if apple can stick 120GB in a ipod classic, then why not make the ipod touch a 120GB? (like right now)

i would not mind the ipod touch being 2 microcentimeters longer! lol

14. MTI macrumors 65816

Hmm, could it be that putting in a 120GB motor driven hard drive might be a giant step . . . backwards? :rolleyes:

Using your design logic . . . Apple is missing the opportunity of marketing a RAID array for the Touch, along with a UPS battery system.

15. three macrumors 6502a

three

I had the choice of getting the first or second generation iPod touch, I decided to get a refurbished first generation iPod touch because it feels sturdier, and doesn't have as many hardware problems as the second generation does. It also sits flat on a surface. :eek: Answering the questions, I won't upgrade to any new iPod touch. I like my trusty first generation.