The Big Wish List for Snow Leopard Mac OS X 10.6

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Lyra, Jun 12, 2008.

1. Lyra macrumors 6502

Lyra

Let's dump ALL our fantastic wishes here for the next Mac OSX 10.6!

I go first! :D

My Biggest wishes for MacOS X 10.6 are :

• BLU-RAY SUPPORT!!!!
    • More usage of the graphic cards for GUI (Like the Finder etc)
    • Better management of the RAM
    • More flexibility in how your Mac uses the processors and graphic card
    • An Uninstaller for ALL Applications on the Mac
    • Better Crash resolution (Reconstructive backups? Stored in the Ram to save unsaved data)

I think that's it, for now. I'm sure I'll come up with something else.

What are YOUR top wishes for the next OS?

2. Killyp macrumors 68040

Killyp

3. flopticalcube macrumors G4

flopticalcube

Fast OS switching. Didn't we have a thread about this going already?

4. Lyra thread starter macrumors 6502

Lyra

Wait we did?

Hmm, I must have missed that train... Sorry... :confused:

5. kolax macrumors G3

kolax

Applications aren't installed anyway. Even if some come with a dedicated installer, it is essentially just extracting itself. There isn't a registry in OS X like there is in Windows, so simply deleting the application does remove it (might be a preference file lying around somewhere else that doesn't do anything).

6. The Flashing Fi macrumors 6502a

Getting rid of the lag during the transition of wallpapers, unless it's a new feature in Leopard, then I must have missed that bullet.

7. Lyra thread starter macrumors 6502

Lyra

Yeah but something like AppZapper would be nice to have natively installed in the next OS. :)

8. flopticalcube macrumors G4

flopticalcube

Just use AppTrap and forget about it.

9. 7on macrumors 601

7on

What we need is more apps that keep things to themselves. Then we wouldn't need an App remover. If Apps were just the .app and made a .plist then that would be ideal. Then deleting an app you can get the option to delete the plist too.

10. Chundles macrumors G4

Chundles

OK here's my list:

1. It should be A$149
    2. 300+ more features than Leopard, the biggest of which is an even more reflective dock.
    3. 64 bit Intel only just to make PPC Mac (even 2.5GHz Quad G5 owners) and Core Duo owners slightly miffed.
    4. The more reflective dock uses a fancy Core Image feature that only works on machines with dedicated graphics cards - for everyone else it's a solid grey slab.
    5. Flakey but built in Exchange 2007 support.

11. motulist macrumors 68040

motulist

Networking bugs! Squash them!

So many aspects of OS X networking are still very slow and buggy. Network capabilities are so central to today's computing world, it need to be fast, smooth, seamless and easy.

12. OzExige macrumors 6502

OzExige

Speed

Speed!, Speed!, Speed!, Speed!, Speed!, Speed!, Speed!, Speed!, Speed!, Speed!, Speed!, Speed!, Speed!, Speed!, Speed!, Speed!, Speed!, Speed!, Speed!, Speed!, Speed!, Speed!, Speed!, Speed!, Speed!, Speed!, Speed!, Speed!, Speed!, Speed!, Speed!, Speed!, Speed!, Speed!, Speed!, Speed!, Speed!, Speed!, Speed!, Speed!, Speed!, Speed!, Speed!, Speed!, Speed!, Speed!, Speed!, Speed!, Speed!, Speed!, Speed!, Speed!, Speed!, Speed!, Speed!, Speed!, Speed!, Speed!, Speed!, Speed!, Speed!, Speed!, Speed!, Speed!, Speed!, Speed!, Speed!, Speed!, Speed!, Speed!, Speed!, Speed!, Speed!, Speed!, Speed!, Speed!, Speed!, Speed!, Speed!, Speed!, Speed!, Speed!, Speed!, Speed!, Speed!, Speed!, Speed!, Speed!, Speed!, Speed!, Speed!, Speed!, Speed!, Speed!, Speed!, Speed!, Speed!,

ummm Speed!,

something like developers!, developers!, developers!, developers!, developers!, developers!, developers!, developers!, developers!, developers!,
    like some guy that bill gates wish he'd never met :)

13. SuperCompu2 macrumors 6502a

SuperCompu2

A better name.

I'm hoping a Longhorn/Vista thing is in order. Snow Leopard? Really?

What's next? 10.7 Siberian Tiger?

Performance is good, especially for us PPC users who could use a boost, but to call this a new version of OS X is lame.

14. Chundles macrumors G4

Chundles

Sorry mate, you're out of luck, 10.6 is Intel-only. At least that's what the current required specs are saying.

15. Watabou macrumors 68040

Watabou

What I want:

1. Faster and more responsive dock
    2. Fast OS Switching
    3. Fixes spaces issues
    4. More stable than Leopard

16. callmemike20 macrumors 6502a

callmemike20

After the all the hype for iPhone 3G and all these rumors and wish lists, I'd rather not wish for anything in snow leopard. That way, anything is good to me and I am not disappointed again.

17. SuperCompu2 macrumors 6502a

SuperCompu2

That's really sad, when you consider computers like iBook G3s could run OS 9 up to 10.4, and my far superior PowerBook G4 Is good for 10.2 to 10.5?

Computers are built for far less milage than they used to be. It's sad, really.

I realize the Intel processors are a big leap as far as performance is concerned, but why not give PPC people even a little glimmer of hope? Sometimes features outweigh performance; just talk to all the people running Tiger on B&W G3s or Jaguar on Wallstreet G3s. They wanted the maximum feature set for their money. If my machine crawls, who cares? I just want the latest features to be productive.

18. HLdan macrumors 603

HLdan

Sorry but I have to disagree. Isn't this why some of us still use Windows because certain software is Windows only? Developers make a lot of software for both Windows and the Mac OS however since Windows has maintained itself as really "nothing" type of OS meaning no real features developers take advantage of this.
    We don't want Apple making EVERYTHING built into OS X leaving no room for developers because if they did we would never get more 3rd party software which I prefer.