The biggest problem those of us having their iPhones shipped

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Kadman, Jun 12, 2009.

1. Kadman macrumors 65816

Kadman

So, for all of us who placed Internet orders from Apple.com for delivery on launch day, how will we receive our applause from Apple associates as we walk into the store?

Two possibilities:

1. Have the FedEx guy stand and clap as you open the box on your doorstep. He would have to wear a 3GS t-shirt and lanyard to make it seem more authentic.

2. Start a Twitter petition to force Apple to send an employee to clap as you walk into your own house to open the box.

Others options?

(OK, really I have to say it was really cheezy having the employees clap and I won't miss this one bit. Just having a bit of fun here.)

2. orange42 macrumors 6502a

The employees clap when you buy an iPhone from the Apple store?

3. PNutts macrumors 601

PNutts

4. robothero macrumors 6502

robothero

I won't even be at home when my phone arrives.

5. Cander macrumors 6502

I didn't get any claps when I walked out with the first iPhone in my town. :( All I got was an AT&T hat and got hounded by the local news. I felt like such a shill wearing that hat. lol :eek:

6. labman macrumors 604

labman

LOl

that's crazy I think you just had a really weird store manager there. you do that in the wrong town they will throw you on your $%$. I can't see Steve Jobs or sending out that memo. Attn: employees Apple policy now dictates you clap and cheer when ever a Iphone is sold. that in mind what would the employee have to do when you buy a Mac Book Pro! :eek:

7. slpdLoad macrumors 6502a

slpdLoad

In that case I'll be buying a decked out Mac Pro. I expect a full song-and-dance number.

8. compg318 macrumors regular

Isn't it signature required? Apple product we're talking about.

9. aristobrat macrumors G4

A lot of Apple Stores will have the employees "run the line" right before they open (literally run in a pack from the start of the line to the end of the line, high-fiving customers and just being crazy), and then clap as they let groups of customers from the line into the store. They did that at the store by me for the iPhone launchs and for the Leopard launch. It's kinda cool, kinda creepy. :)

10. ryhno45 macrumors regular

lol your funny!

You can always march into an Apple store and demand that everyone clap for you. If not, you will return the phone!

11. Eggtastic macrumors 6502

Eggtastic

Sounds like fun, but I changed my preorder from picking it up to have it shipped to my dad's business so I don't have to be around all day waiting for it. It just seems to make more sense to have it shipped and basically guaranteed to be at your door on the 19th and to be able to set everything up from the comfort of your own home.. that's just me though.

12. JohnnyQuest macrumors 65816

JohnnyQuest

I'm starting a Twitter petition because my iPhone doesn't make me breakfast. FedEx man better clap or Ima throw a chair.

13. slpdLoad macrumors 6502a

slpdLoad

Regardless of antics, my friends waited in line last year, and won a free touch case and a Belkin DVI KVM. So it can be worth your while I suppose. All depends on the store obviously.

14. labman macrumors 604

labman

Wow I will settle for the fedex guy not trying to toss my iphone box on the cement! :rolleyes: if I see him in time he won't even make it out of the truck though. I want a Cool :apple: Hat though anybody want to sign my Twitter petition for that!

15. Guy Mancuso macrumors 6502a

Camped out at the At&T store about 5 am on the last release and about the 15 th person in-line . They gave out donuts , water and some At&T promo stuff. For a person that never waits in any line it was fun and we all had a nice time chatting with the employees and folks in line. I actually enjoyed the morning. Scary

16. theMaccer macrumors 6502a

theMaccer

LOL

17. Consultant macrumors G5

Consultant

The shipped iPhones should include a "launch video" that shows clapping similar to apple store opening / special events.

;)

18. MBHockey macrumors 68040

MBHockey

Amen brother.

19. labman macrumors 604

labman

Hey what about

you open box streamers and confetti fall down and ballons shapped like apple self inflate and rise up to the sky! :cool: now that would be sweet maybe playing Apple of My Eye :D http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Juo0FRBFtvc hey it's just nice to have a fun thread lol

20. AiralynRose macrumors 6502a

21. Noelmel macrumors regular

I wont be home either I gotta work all day. Apparently you can electronically sign and authorize them to just leave it. I read on apple.com you just have to print out some paper and tape it to the door. I think once they ship it and theres a tracking number you can do this

22. Eddyisgreat macrumors 601

I'm going to stand in line at the Apple store and ask the GF to get one of those cool 'first' shots like the guy who got the first gen iphone.

Yeah. That guy.

Perhaps you lazy bums getting it shipped can do the same :D

Attached Files:

23. boymom75 macrumors member

I think they only clapped with the first gen. I thought it was pretty genius of apple. I don't remember 2nd gen. clapping, though.

24. iphones4evry1 macrumors 65816

iphones4evry1

HAHAHAHAHAHA !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LMAO !!! thanks for the good laugh.

3. Have your GF Youtube film you as the UPS guy arrives and act overexcited.

25. sd2009 macrumors 6502

Well done! You paid $600 for a phone! *Clap clap clap*