The Blackra1n App icon Isin't showing!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by guywhoneedshelp, Jun 23, 2010.

1. guywhoneedshelp macrumors newbie

Im going to give you as much details as i can about the situation so i can try to get some answers. I just got this today, hope i can fix it :(

Anyway, so i just bought a used ipod touch thats 8G so i dont think its third generation. As soon as i put it on my itunes, i restored it and added my music library to it. So far so good. But when i learned about jailbreaking, i decided i would download blackra1n. It was super quick and easy and the installation was going fine. i got the "make it rain" box and its restored my ipod. i got the little apple thing on my ipod and 15 sec later it was restored. THE ONLY THING IS THE BLACKRAIN APP IISINT THERE!!! (i check ALL the pages lol, trust me -- theres two) i noticed after the little apple thing on my ipod usually people get a picture of the blackrain guy (logo?). anyway i dint get that, jsut made a small "beepep" sound and went to the battery picture on my ipod (where it says slide to unlock) I rersotered reistalled and restarted my computer but nothing seems to work. I think my ipod i jailbroken but i just cant get the blackrain icon on my ipod, its not there!
    if u guuys can help that would be great! if anyones having the same problem please comment, and try to add precision to what might be happening.

Thank you in advance!

2. tadad1 macrumors 6502a

tadad1

What version OS is it running? have a look in Settings>About, does the model number start with MC?

3. guywhoneedshelp thread starter macrumors newbie

well the version is 2.2.1 and the model is MB528C...

4. tadad1 macrumors 6502a

tadad1

Blackra1n isn't designed for 2.2.1 its for 3.1. Go to the jailbreak wizard at iClarified HERE, choose your device then your OS and it will show you what jailbreak you need to use for PC or Mac and how to use it.

5. liamkp macrumors 68020

liamkp