The Blessing and Curse of the iPod Touch

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by ynotds, Mar 14, 2008.

1. ynotds macrumors newbie

Jennifer Woodard Maderazo's MediaShift article had me chuckling in sympathy from start to finish.

Even if I come from the perspective of a different generation and have different emphases in how I use my touch, her observation that "(n)ow that the iPod Touch is around, things have changed, to the detriment of my sleep schedule (...)" strikes true for me too.

2. QuarterSwede macrumors G3

QuarterSwede

Interesting, I have the same problem with the internet being too accessible with my 12" PB.

3. motulist macrumors 68040

motulist

That's one of the reasons why I opted to get a classic.

I don't want the net to follow me almost literally everywhere I go. I want my portable media player to let me enjoy my music wherever and whenever I can, and to help keep my spirits up while I'm doing other things in my life that I don't necessarily want to be doing.

In fact, I find I use the games on the ipod much more than I'd like to, which distracts me from enjoying my music.

All in one devices are great, but in some cases, dedicated-use devices are better.

4. scotty96LSC macrumors 65816

scotty96LSC

I don't let the internet, or tv, or (fill in the blank) distract me from listening to music, I let my mood dictate that.
    My mood is what makes my iPod touch so useful. I use my iPod touch for what it was designed to do -- surf the web without using my computer, watch a movie without turning on the tube, and listen to music with or without being in a car. I flash my photos because I can, use the calculator because I can, and track my appointments because I can.
    Great device for my moods.

5. dan99iel, Mar 18, 2008
    Last edited: Aug 25, 2014
  6. baadtaste macrumors member

baadtaste

Blessing:
    Always prepared
    Curse:
    So much to see, so little time

And dan99iel - you got it right!