The Box my Mac came in

Discussion in 'iMac' started by fanspeed, Jun 2, 2011.

1. fanspeed macrumors member

I see on ebay that people are selling the box that their Mac came in. Is there really a market for this item? heck if so they can have my box... cheap

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

If you ever sell your Mac, the buyer may want the box and you might get a slightly higher price if you have everything that came with your Mac, including the box.

3. gmans46 macrumors regular

yea i would keep the box as it can add anywhere from 25-50$ to the retail value maybe more you never know.

4. trsblader macrumors 6502

People selling their boxes on eBay are just hoping someone is over excited and can't/doesn't read. They see a heck of a low price and jump on it, and then don't even realize the ad says box only.

5. bpeeps macrumors 68020

bpeeps

This ^^

I hate those iPhone posts that are basically a link to documentation only on how to get a "free iPhone". SO maddening.

6. discofuel macrumors 6502

7. ipodlover77 macrumors 65816

ipodlover77

8. Steamrunner macrumors member

Yes, if someone is selling an item and doesn't have the box, it can be very helpful to buy a replacement box off eBay. I've had sold mobiles with a box bought off eBay for considerably more than without a box, and it's certainly made it worthwhile buying a replacement box.

But you should bear that in mind - when you come to upgrade to a newer Mac, you may regret selling your box so quickly...