Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

liquidsuns

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 23, 2009
...almost makes my eyes water. Seriously. It is beautiful. It is art. Jonathan Ives, Jobs, and everyone else involved have done something amazing. Some of the app developers are doing great things already, too.

I just wanted to say this to thank those involved for making this device, both the hardware and the software. Even though the motivations were probably mostly financial; it is truly a breathtaking work of art. I hope it inspires more of us and more corporations in all fields, not just technology, to push themselves and make something beautiful.

OGDaniel

macrumors 6502a
Dec 24, 2009
Arizona
Business as usual for Apple. Making breakthrough after breakthrough while everyone else is stuck in the Dark Ages. I totally agree with you though, i can't imagine how people can be skeptical. The iPad is truly beautiful...

ImperialX

macrumors 65816
Jul 17, 2007
Tokyo, Japan
The iPad is truly an amazing piece of hardware. I can hardly believe how great it feels in my hand. The way it responds to the way I touch it is beautiful.

Truly as you say, it is a breathtaking technology. Thank you, Apple! For the hardware and software.

Simgar988

macrumors 65816
Jul 22, 2009
UYBAATC
The iPad is truly an amazing piece of hardware. I can hardly believe how great it feels in my hand. The way it responds to the way I touch it is beautiful.

Truly as you say, it is a breathtaking technology. Thank you, Apple! For the hardware and software.

Hmmmm

gtsipad

macrumors member
Apr 12, 2010
To the OP, yeah this is truly an astonishing accomplishment and a beautiful piece of technology. For me, this is exactly what i've been looking for for casual and traveling web surfing and media consumption...and it looks like a million bucks. Others will try to repicate it but no one is going to come close.

mullman

macrumors 6502
Jan 13, 2004
NC
...this is truly an astonishing accomplishment and a beautiful piece of technology. For me, this is exactly what i've been looking for for casual and traveling web surfing and media consumption...and it looks like a million bucks. Others will try to repicate it but no one is going to come close.

+1

4DThinker

macrumors 68020
Mar 15, 2008
I agree. Beautiful product design. If only they had moved the interface, efficiency inside forward as much as they did with the packaging. Slick graphics won't be enough forever. See every complaint thread started by owners.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.