The 'Buy a Mac, get an iPod' deal

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by shrm03, Jul 8, 2009.

1. shrm03 macrumors member

I currently have a MacBook (2 years old) that I am thinking of selling to fund an iMac. I need a bigger screen and I just like desktops better. Mobility is for the birds.

Regardless, I checked out the Buyer's Guide and it says that the iMac line will be updated in Fall and will include a price cut. I can easily wait until Fall for the update but I it would be nice to order it while I can get a free iPod Touch.

So, my questions is: How has Apple done the free iPod deal in the past? My guess is that they will update the iMacs right after the free iPod deal ends... but the fact that they may be releasing an educational version of the iMac leads me to believe that they might update them before the September deadline.

I need recommendations.

Thanks.

2. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

The deal ends in September. It is only for students.

iMacs and MacBooks will be updated whenever Clarksfield or Arrandale are released.

3. techfreak85 macrumors 68040

techfreak85

bah.... delete me.

EDIT: WAIT! dont delete me!!

you can be a staff member of school and get the same deal.

4. shrm03 thread starter macrumors member

I know this.

I was hoping someone knew when this would be... even an intelligent guess would help.

5. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

No one knows for sure. If you need it, buy it now. A new model coming out doesn't render yours unusable.