The buzzing problem....

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by rellaps1957, Jan 5, 2013.

1. rellaps1957 macrumors newbie

My macbook is from late 2007, and been running great. In November, it refused to boot up and gave me the ? symbol. Searching on here led me to see it was the hard drive. I bought a new one, and the nice guy at Best Buy felt bad for me and helped me put it in.

The past week it's been giving me a weird buzzing noise. I wasnt sure if it was the fans or the HD as Im reading, but I figured it had to be a fan, since I just replaced the HD.

Last week it refused to boot up. I never got the ? screen, it just refused to boot past the apple logo. I took it to MacAuthority and they called me and told me it was the HD, and they couldn't repair it or get anything off it - I dont save anything important on my HD, so I didnt need anything anyway. Frustrated because I'd just replaced it, I gave them the go ahead to replace it in store and give me back the old one to send it back to Seagate.

I've literally had my computer back for 2 days. It is already buzzing. Can this seriously be a THIRD hard drive? Within 2 days another brand new HD went bad? Or is there a way to tell it's the fan. THe computer itself is running perfect -- feels a little hot at times when Im running a lot, but that's it. I am hoping it's a fan issue and that I had a fluke with the last HD :) I cannot afford a new Mac until tax refund comes in, and even then, I'd like to get an iMac and leave this as my backup.

Thank you so much for any input. Im not totally computer stupid, but this is my first Mac :)

2. MAService macrumors newbie

Buzzing/fan issue

Hi there, my name is Omar and I am the Service Director for MacAuthority. I am sorry to hear of your continued trouble with this machine. Based on your description, I would think that you may have had a fan issue in addition to a hard drive issue. If this is something we overlooked, I apologize for the inconvenience.

I would like for the opportunity to resolve your issue if it would be convenient for you to bring your machine back in. There will be no additional charge for us to inspect and diagnose your machine further.

If you would like to do so, please bring your machine in and mention my name so that we can expedite your repair.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Omar Absar
    Service Director
     APP | Apple Product Professional
     ACMT | Apple Certified Macintosh Technician
    MacAuthority, Inc.
    615.383.1010, Ext 505 (work)

3. rellaps1957 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks!

Thank you! I am out of town for work and will bring it by when I get back :)