The Calendar impossible mission!

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by sdsdad, Jan 20, 2008.

1. sdsdad macrumors newbie

Hello everyone,
    i am struggling to work with calendars at the moment and i'd like your help to see if i can get this fixed, it is gonna be a sort of mission impossible i tell you, cakes and biscuits to who can help us.

What do i need to do:
    Create a set of 5-6 calendars to share with my wife (both must be able to edit all of them). So we can edit each other calendar (some can be in common like "things todo", while we are on each of our pc or in our workplace.

Requesites:
    - Doesn't matter which kind of applications we've got to install as long as it's free
    - My wife use windows i use mac
    - Both changes should appear on each other pc/mac in a small timeframe.

So far i have been trying everything, the only thing i achieved was create a calendar on mac, publish it and read it from the pc, or the opposite, tho we weren't allowed to edit each other calendar which was pretty upsetting us.
    Thank you

2. swiftaw macrumors 603

swiftaw

I would say use Google Calendar. Create a gmail account just for the calendar, that you can both log into. Then you can either edit the calendar online, or by using Mozilla Thunderbird on both Macs and PC's

3. sdsdad thread starter macrumors newbie

Uhm... i'd like some standalone applications on both pc/mac, yes sunbird on both pc/mac can be an idea using a google account on it tho. Any other ideas?
    I quite like this one anyway :D cheers.

4. sdsdad thread starter macrumors newbie

I just tried, basically google calendars works pretty good, tho if i add one event on the other pc i need to reload the page to see it, and if both of us are editing the same event the last change get stored which means that all the comments were lost and the changes too :(

5. twoodcc macrumors P6

twoodcc

do you have to-dos with this?

6. sdsdad thread starter macrumors newbie

7. jsw Moderator emeritus

jsw

You mentioned Sunbird; is that what you were using a few posts above, or were you using pure Google?

8. sdsdad thread starter macrumors newbie

i tried both.
    on sunbird i had loads of troubles making the events "appear" on the other pc, and "stay" on another one (with a 1min reload) time.

9. jsw Moderator emeritus

jsw