Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Chundles

macrumors G5
Original poster
Jul 4, 2005
And so I did - pop out at 6:15am to take in the sunrise.

100540318_b5c3052574.jpg

100541115_76b9ec48bb.jpg

100541933_0fde9db196.jpg

100542263_2a061267a8.jpg

100542785_baec83f149.jpg

Chundles

macrumors G5
Original poster
Jul 4, 2005
Glenn Wolsey said:
Nice images, very well taken! Did you use a tripod? What shutter speed?

All taken with a Kodak EasyShare CX7300. I don't know what shutter speed, I only have Auto and Night modes on this thing. I did turn off the flash however. No tripod either, I have a little one but I hardly ever use it - normally for panoramas and stuff. These were just point-and-shoot.

No colour correction either, this is how they came out - it's actually very close to what it looked like.

Chundles

macrumors G5
Original poster
Jul 4, 2005
dornoforpyros said:
that last one is pretty damn fly if i do say so myself

I think the "fly" is actually a bird in flight. I noticed it on the screen when I took it but there's nothing on the lens and it didn't turn up in subsequent photos.

Glenn Wolsey

macrumors 65816
Nov 24, 2005
New Zealand
Chundles said:
All taken with a Kodak EasyShare CX7300. I don't know what shutter speed, I only have Auto and Night modes on this thing. I did turn off the flash however. No tripod either, I have a little one but I hardly ever use it - normally for panoramas and stuff. These were just point-and-shoot.

No colour correction either, this is how they came out - it's actually very close to what it looked like.

You should use Photoshop to clone the person out of the 3rd image. It is an eye distraction and will make the image a little easier to look at :)

Glenn Wolsey

macrumors 65816
Nov 24, 2005
New Zealand
Chundles said:
I think the "fly" is actually a bird in flight. I noticed it on the screen when I took it but there's nothing on the lens and it didn't turn up in subsequent photos.

I think he means the picture is awesome ;)

Chundles

macrumors G5
Original poster
Jul 4, 2005
Glenn Wolsey said:
You should use Photoshop to clone the person out of the 3rd image. It is an eye distraction and will make the image a little easier to look at :)

What? No way. I think the person goes very well, gives the photo a little more "life." I think it captures the "solitaryness" of the runner and gives the photo a bit of a story rather than just a straight landscape photo. Thanks for the suggestion but I like it the way it is - it's my favourite of the lot.

Glenn Wolsey

macrumors 65816
Nov 24, 2005
New Zealand
Chundles said:
What? No way. I think the person goes very well, gives the photo a little more "life." I think it captures the "solitaryness" of the runner and gives the photo a bit of a story rather than just a straight landscape photo. Thanks for the suggestion but I like it the way it is - it's my favourite of the lot.

True, I guess it just depends on what the image is been used for. If its a stock photo you would want the person gone, but if its for personal enjoyment the person does give the photo a good "feel" to it :)

By the way, what beach is that at? It seems familiar.

Chundles

macrumors G5
Original poster
Jul 4, 2005
Glenn Wolsey said:
True, I guess it just depends on what the image is been used for. If its a stock photo you would want the person gone, but if its for personal enjoyment the person does give the photo a good "feel" to it :)

By the way, what beach is that at? It seems familiar.

North Wollongong beach. These are just memory photos, ones to show friends/family and stuff.

Clix Pix

macrumors Core
Chundles said:

Lovely photos, Chundles!

What would've really been cool on that third one is if you'd been able to get the shot so that the person was lined up with the path of the sun on the water and beach. Nonetheless, it's very nice as is and I agree that the person in the photo does add more interest than just the straight sunrise on the water.

iBlue

macrumors Core
Mar 17, 2005
London, England
Chundles said:

i think so too, i like the person being there. (my favorite of the bunch as well)

gorgeous photos.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.