Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

glossywhite

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 28, 2008
Oh yes, you betcha!. Major fail by Toyota. Imagine if this happened to Apple products!.

glossywhite

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 28, 2008
??

Sorry, is this how you start a Toyota bashing thread?

What?. This is community discussion - I can discuss anything, basically. Who are you, thought police?. It was an observation... PLEASE don't tell me you're a Toyota "fanboy"?. That would be bizarre!.

Anyhow, it was simply a light hearted jibe... a manipulation of Toyota's slogan. Keep your cool, I am bashing nothing, I'm not a petrolhead, and know wouldn't know one end of an engine from another.

:)

SpookTheHamster

macrumors 65816
Nov 7, 2004
London
Wow, you're really keeping up with the latest news aren't you?

I'm pretty sure there are already Toyota threads in the Current Events forum

Raid

macrumors 68020
Feb 18, 2003
Toronto
What?. This is community discussion - I can discuss anything, basically. Who are you, thought police?. It was an observation... PLEASE don't tell me you're a Toyota "fanboy"?. That would be bizarre!.

Anyhow, it was simply a light hearted jibe... a manipulation of Toyota's slogan. Keep your cool, I am bashing nothing, I'm not a petrolhead, and know wouldn't know one end of an engine from another.

:)
Sorry chief; first post fail. While I'm not the thought police per-say I can be a thought critic. ;)

Jaro65

macrumors 68040
Mar 27, 2009
Seattle, WA
It has been pretty interesting observing all the latest issues regarding Toyota's quality issues. Toyota's production system and attention to quality and reliability have become legendary and as such were widely studied. Apparently the desire to accelerate the growth had its consequences. 20 years of building a brand image, and 1 year of seriously tarnishing it. It will be interesting to see the long-term market impact of this. Who would be the potential beneficiaries? Perhaps Honda, Nissan, Ford...?

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
In other news, OJ was acquitted and Apple announced the iPad.

Old news is better than no news.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.