Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

micsaund

macrumors 6502
May 31, 2004
Colorado, USA
I've run "naked" on my 3G for just over a year now. I do have a matte screen cover on it since I prefer the feel of the matte surface for doing touch operations. I keep my phone in my jeans front pocket, or shorts pocket, without anything else like keys, change, etc. It still looks great.

OhioSandy

macrumors newbie
Oct 16, 2009
Ohio
I have many cases too

I love cases!!! Ive got over 20 now and use them all. I like changing cases every 1-2 days. I get out my polishing microfiber and my bottle of Iklear and shine that baby of about 3 minutes. then i clean and polish the case and install. theres nothing like a nice clean Iphone and case.

The naked iphone is too small and slippery. Add a Incase slider to the mix and voila! perfect size to hold and adds protection to boot.

Hi Have so many cases also, I think without one, the phone is naked. Mayfavorite case between all the ones that I have is IvySkin T4 case and the Vaja case

Jmacman78

macrumors 6502
Jan 7, 2007
Northwest, CT
The closest thing to no case I have used is an Incipio Feather. Which I did love, it was like almost not having a case on it.

However I know one day I'm going to drop this thing and I will be very mad at myself for not having decent protection on it. It is a compromise but I like the peace of mind that my phone is protected.

I have turned into a case junkie too, I always want to try a new one out and I always seem to find flaws or something I don't like about a lot of them which keeps me looking for more. I am pretty happy with the Candyshells and Otterbox Commuter right now.

Motionblurrr

macrumors 65816
Jul 1, 2008
You have to admit though, that Griffin Reveal thread is ridiculous

a backpiece skin, then the Reveal on it, then another backpiece skin on top of the CASE

lfine39

macrumors member
Mar 19, 2009
I am loving my new case-mate with credit card holder case I keep a credit card, business card and a folded Jackson... no more worrying I forgot my wallet for gas, lunch always prepared now. In fact I brought another color I love it so much........

Dubba

macrumors regular
Oct 4, 2006
Nairobi, Kenya
I have also gone back to naked. I use a Sena Ultraslim pouch when it's in my pocket but I prefer the phone without a case. I gave up on screen protectors long ago. I have way too many cases laying around. I think I'll dump them on ebay.

I do exactly the same - Sena Ultraslim when in my pocket or my wife's purse, otherwise naked... love it that way!

sidewinder

macrumors 68020
Dec 10, 2008
Northern California
I tried naked with my 3G for a while and did not like it.

First, the phone is just too slippery when naked. It's seem fine when it is cooler out. But when it gets warm, my hands get moist and the phone slips. I like the fact that my Seidio Innocase II case surface provides some grip, both for my hands and my pocket. The Seidio is thin yet provides some good protection if you drop the phone. I have dropped my iPhone from waist high on asphalt and concrete. Their was no damage at

I can't stand finger prints on the screen so I use a Power Support Anti-Glare screen protector. That screen protector virtually eliminates visible finger prints.

The Seidio is thin yet provides some good protection if you drop the phone. I have dropped my iPhone from waist high on asphalt and concrete. There was no damage at all to the phone. Plus, the best belt clip is from Seidio.

I love how the phone looks naked. But is is a tool and I want it to work and be easy to work with.

S-

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.