The Case of My Dad's Phone

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by justinohadi, Sep 4, 2013.

1. justinohadi macrumors newbie

Using all of my experience, patience, and exploration of forums, I have not yet found the answers. Time to post and ask:

My dad has had problems that I've never encountered for about 3 days:
    -home button is abnormally unresponsive, making resets and the like extremely challenging. Button clicks down completely normally, but it seems to be operating on pure chance.

Details:
    iPhone 4
    up to date
    around 7GB free (27 photos)
    Wifi and AT&T full signals
    camera works
    Wifi works
    3g works
    audio and Music works

Possible causes (temperature, liquids, drops, etc.):
    about 6 days before, the phone automatically powered down due to heat exposure in the sun (not likely cause)

2. Donoghan macrumors regular

Donoghan

A faulty home button is common with the iPhone 4. I had mine replaced under warranty because of it back in the day. If his is still under warranty talk to Apple about it.

3. McStud macrumors newbie

Most likely replace the home button and it will work just fine. They are cheap if you wanna do it yourself, but its basically taking the whole phone apart almost. Use caution if you have never done it before and have patience. Otherwise most places charge about $40 for a new home button. Or you can buy one for $5 or less on ebay and do it yourself.