The case of the missing bookmarks bar

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by thejakill, Jun 28, 2010.

1. thejakill macrumors 6502

thejakill

I have a 3GS. Running iOS4. Using MobileMe.

Bookmarks bar and menu have completely disappeared. I restored them through iTunes and they worked for awhile. Now they are gone again. The only thing left is the history folder. Help!

2. Tomple macrumors 6502a

Tomple

By bookmarks bar do you mean the menu that shows your bookmarks or the actual search bar?

If it's the menu then make sure the "Sync bookmarks with Safari" box is checked under the info tab.

3. thejakill thread starter macrumors 6502

thejakill

The menu that shows the bookmarks. When I press the Bookmarks bar button on my iPhone, it is empty except for history.

4. Tomple macrumors 6502a

Tomple

Is the menu then make sure the "Sync bookmarks with Safari" box is checked under the info tab?

5. thejakill thread starter macrumors 6502

thejakill

Yeah. It's checked. Weird, too, because I went back and synced with iTunes, which fixed the problem. Then a few hours later it happened again. It must be something with iOS4. It's not happening to my iPad or my Mac bookmarks.

6. Tomple macrumors 6502a

Tomple

7. thejakill thread starter macrumors 6502

thejakill

i synced again and fixed it. then i turned OFF the bookmark syncing on the phone. maybe that way it won't erase them from the phone again.

thanks for the advice.