Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bmx punx

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 5, 2009
the RSBG
So, while visiting my fathers house in washington, my computer (powerbook g4) began to uncontrollibly fall asleep. the screen continues to completely black out, and the little light pulses on the button. i can close it, re-open it, or press the power button, and it will wake up. But, after doing this like 10 times the computer completely locks up. Also, if i leave it alone for a while, it takes longer to go to sleep, but when i keep waking it back up the intervals usually become shorter until eventually freezing up. I have a suspicion that this may have been cauused by a surge as i was not plugged into a surge protector as i should have been. Any help?:apple:

LTX

macrumors regular
Dec 25, 2008
Vancouver, BC, Canada
* For Intel-based Apple computers shipping with Mac OS X v10.5.4 or earlier, Apple Hardware Test is located on the Mac OS X Install Disc 1 and should be included with your computer.
* For Intel-based Apple computers shipping with Mac OS X v10.5.5 or later, Apple Hardware Test is located on the Applications Install Disc 2 and should be included with your computer.

Start up while holding D with the appropriate disc in the drive. Powerbooks came with Tiger (or maybe earlier, never owned a PB) so use disc 1.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.