The case/sleeve I am getting for my Jet Black

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by TheSacredSoul, Sep 12, 2016.

1. TheSacredSoul macrumors 6502a

We all know the new 7s are water-<strike>proof</strike>resistant. I am also a sucker for premium leather cases/sleeves. I didn't want to wrap it in an expensive Vaja case and negate the water-resistant feature. And I really like that glossy back of the Jet Black. So decided to go with the sleeve route. I really wanted to try Mujjo sleeves but they have not released the sleeves for the 7s yet. Tried Sena once. Not my kinda sleeve.

For my 6 a couple of years ago, I got the Hard Graft Wild Sleeve. It fit snug and fit with the iPhone and it was a joy to hold. I decided to go the same route and order another sleeve for it, this time in 'coal', to match the Jet Black.

https://www.hardgraft.com/products/wild-phonecase-coal

Should be arriving in less than 48 hours though I know what to expect. I know the price is steep but it's worth every penny from my experience. The attention to detail is second to none. I remember doing a review for it a few years ago on MR but will do another review when I get my 7.

2. ddkkpp macrumors 6502

ddkkpp

I wanted to get a strap for my X100-T from these guys but the shipping was a bit too much. I'd like to try their case, but I wish they put a card slot on the back... :(

the zipper case is a bit much - to have to unzip and pull out your phone every time you want to look at it...

3. TheSacredSoul thread starter macrumors 6502a

Yea the standard shipping was 20GBP but it's really fast via DHL. Ordered it yesterday and it's getting delivered tomorrow, UK to Singapore.

Personally, I do not need any slots. I've a wallet and a card holder as it is. A sleeve with a slim profile was my only requirement. Didn't hurt it's leather and looks sleek :)

This is my third product from them. My previous 2 have been iPhone cases as well. But I wouldn't buy their bigger items like bags. The pricing just gets even more ridiculous. But I get you get what you pay for when leather is involved.

4. gorkt macrumors 6502

gorkt

That is really lovely but $128 is just more than I want to spend.

5. bhayes444 macrumors 6502a

Besides you wanting a new color to match your phone, couldn't you have just bought a sleeve designed for the 6s, since it is the same dimensions as the 7; aside from the weight?

6. bandrews macrumors 6502a

I nearly pushed the button on that - then noticed the hole for the headphones is now in the wrong place for the 7/7plus. Guess I could always put it in upside down....

7. TheSacredSoul thread starter macrumors 6502a

Yes, that's what I did for the Hard Graft. They were releasing the Grey version officially for the 7 so I was on Live Chat with them asking if the dimensions for the sleeves are exactly the same for the 6/6S and the 7 and I got a positive reply so I went ahead with purchasing the black sleeve. On hindsight, could have done that with the Mujjo as well but I guess I've always been partial to HG being a twice previous customer.
    --- Post Merged, Sep 13, 2016 ---
    Ah for the lightning pods. That's right! Didn't notice this but it's of no consequence for me since I use a dedicated music player. Should note this in my review. Thanks for pointing that out.

8. Smithwicks macrumors 6502

Did you receive yours yet? Curious on your thoughts.

9. Kjung7 macrumors 6502

I've been waiting for mine, but has been delayed by US customs. It's been 3 days..... starting to get worried.