The case that protects your Macbook Pro from car running over

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by seong, Jul 22, 2011.

1. seong macrumors 65816

seong

Hello all. I've just remembered that there was a case that protects your Macbook Pro, as well as the iPad, from bowling ball drops, car driving over, dropping from 2nd floor, etc. I remembered that it was a company called G-Form.
    There was another video, where the man had some sort of jell that protects m&m from breaking even if you hammer it. What was that one called?

EDIT: Just found it. It's called FastMac Impact Shield.

2. Titanium81 macrumors 6502a

Titanium81

Thanks for the post! That is one SWEET case!

3. madisonfaye macrumors regular

madisonfaye

I checked it out after seeing this post and it looks amazing! Anyone ever actually tried one out?

4. Titanium81 macrumors 6502a

Titanium81

At $2,000 a pop for a 15" MBP I don't think anyone would try it (on purpose)

5. DWBurke811 macrumors 6502a

Next time I plan on running my laptop over with a car I'll be sure to get one...

6. kappaknight macrumors 68000

kappaknight

Sounds like it's something more useful for a space lander than laptop. They should go after that multi-million market instead.

7. madisonfaye macrumors regular

madisonfaye

Hahah I don't mean try it out by running over your macbook with a car :p

They do tests with M&Ms and a hammer, I wsa curious if anyone tried to replicate this. I would if I had one lol!

8. seong thread starter macrumors 65816

seong

Haha. I would love to try it on my old Macbook :D

9. DustinT macrumors 68000

DustinT

I have one of their impact shield iphone cases. Its made of the same stuff, just thinner. It seems like a pretty good case. Anyone else have one? Do they work?

10. kanit macrumors member

Wow this is a must have, i must immediately get me one of those, imagine all those times when a car ran over my MBP and i had to get a new one, wish i had this case, though i can get a new MBP for less, that makes it a difficult choice. Is this case one time use only?? I mean is it useless after a car has run over your MBP or can it still be used?? I might get it if it is reusable.