The Comixology App Retina Update!

Discussion in 'iPad Apps' started by Buildbright, Mar 21, 2012.

1. Buildbright macrumors 6502a

Looks amazing! The HD comics look better than the paper version.

Anybody else try it out?

2. TimV macrumors member

I updated my Marvel Comics app but haven't viewed any HD comics yet. Which comics are updated for the Retina Display?

3. Scarpad macrumors 68000

Scarpad

I have'nt Updated yet, do they let you Download HD versions of what you've already purchased?

4. Buildbright thread starter macrumors 6502a

I am not sure on the Marvel App but it should get updated soon if not since it is powered by Comixology.

They said comics from last and this week are all HD or Retina. They also will be spending time converting older comics so you can re-download.

I am shocked they did not anticpate for higher resolutions because if they have to reconvert man that is alot of work.

5. DS3 macrumors 6502a

I had never used this app before, its pretty impressive. Im not big on comics so I just downloaded free ones to check out, but there are quite a few free ones. The automatic viewing mode is nice and everything looks great in retina.

Its nice that they are adding higher res comics and those look especially good, but the normal ones seem to be quite high res and look good too. The single panel zoom in is where it makes a bigger difference.|