Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

clayj

macrumors 604
Jan 14, 2005
visiting from downstream
I agree, it's an excellent guide to what's currently available. I've ordered a Macally Metrolpad based on their recommendation -- the Apple iPad Case is OK, but gets dirty WAY too easily.

Still want to see what iSkin comes up with, though -- they've not yet shown their upcoming cases.

roland.g

macrumors 604
Apr 11, 2005
I have an Apple Case and really like it but was also considering getting an Incipio Feather. Now that I have heard about the SwtichEasy Nude and the included stands, I think that will make a nice addition/alternative to the Apple Case.

I am a big fan of skins as that is all I have ever used on my iPhone. With the iPad I recognize the need for a case of some sort as well, but still believe a skin under the case protects from dirt getting caught in between and scratching the back aluminum as I can see easily happening with the Belkin Vue and other similar cases. I was a little disappointed to see no mention of skins in the iLounge Complete Guide, especially since they covered screen protectors. I personally use the BSE - bestskinsever - and like the added grip it gives when I am not using another case.

Likewise, I am not a fan of the use of orange peel skins on the screen, and have always liked a film screen protector more, but haven't used one on my iPhone in a longtime and it doesn't get scratched at all, going in and out of my pocket with just a back skin. So I was really surprised to see how much they pushed/recommended the screen protectors. The glare hasn't been a big deal for me, so if anything, I would opt for the PowerSupport Crystal in the hope that it helps reduce finger prints as well as save the screen.

/one-fiftieth of a dollar.

SchneiderMan

macrumors G3
May 25, 2008
I really don't agree with their guide.. I know some of those cases have major issues that they did not even state.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.