The Complete Guide to iPad Cases and Protection (iLounge)

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by nightfly13, May 13, 2010.

1. nightfly13 macrumors 6502a

nightfly13

2. uraniumwilly macrumors 6502

3. dborja macrumors 6502a

4. alamperti macrumors member

alamperti

Great guide, very helpful thank you very much for sharing :)

5. clayj macrumors 604

clayj

I agree, it's an excellent guide to what's currently available. I've ordered a Macally Metrolpad based on their recommendation -- the Apple iPad Case is OK, but gets dirty WAY too easily.

Still want to see what iSkin comes up with, though -- they've not yet shown their upcoming cases.

6. Battlestar macrumors 6502

Please note this guide is not in english.

7. srl7741 macrumors 68020

srl7741

I have to ask? It's showing in English for me when I tap the link. It's a great reference when first looking, but unsure about styles.

8. nightfly13 thread starter macrumors 6502a

nightfly13

Um... yeah weird, it's totally in English. Refresh the page?

9. roland.g macrumors 603

roland.g

I have an Apple Case and really like it but was also considering getting an Incipio Feather. Now that I have heard about the SwtichEasy Nude and the included stands, I think that will make a nice addition/alternative to the Apple Case.

I am a big fan of skins as that is all I have ever used on my iPhone. With the iPad I recognize the need for a case of some sort as well, but still believe a skin under the case protects from dirt getting caught in between and scratching the back aluminum as I can see easily happening with the Belkin Vue and other similar cases. I was a little disappointed to see no mention of skins in the iLounge Complete Guide, especially since they covered screen protectors. I personally use the BSE - bestskinsever - and like the added grip it gives when I am not using another case.

Likewise, I am not a fan of the use of orange peel skins on the screen, and have always liked a film screen protector more, but haven't used one on my iPhone in a longtime and it doesn't get scratched at all, going in and out of my pocket with just a back skin. So I was really surprised to see how much they pushed/recommended the screen protectors. The glare hasn't been a big deal for me, so if anything, I would opt for the PowerSupport Crystal in the hope that it helps reduce finger prints as well as save the screen.

/one-fiftieth of a dollar.

10. SchneiderMan macrumors G3

SchneiderMan

I really don't agree with their guide.. I know some of those cases have major issues that they did not even state.