The contact/dialing contacts lag is just killing me.

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by WilliamG, Aug 12, 2008.

1. WilliamG macrumors G3

This really is driving me nuts. I hit the contacts button, and wham, have to wait 3 - 5 seconds for the list to populate (only 119 contacts). I then try and scroll, and nothing even happens for another second or two, and then it scrolls, with little hitches....

And then I hit a name to dial them, and there's another second or two where nothing happens before it goes into the contact.

This is driving me completely crazy. I had no issues with my iPhone 2G running 1.1.4. I'm sort-of beginning to regret my move to iPhone 3G...

Ugh...

Just had to get that out.

2. Mhaddy macrumors 6502

Mhaddy

Totally feel your pain, I'm (as I'm sure a lot of us are) in the same boat too. It may just be a placebo, but I felt that initially, the 2.0.1 update sped up the Contacts lag but now I feel things are back to the way they were. I've logged a complaint/feedback with Apple -- just have to sit back and wait I suppose.

3. JML42691 macrumors 68020

JML42691

Granted, I am on an iPod touch, but the lag is present in every application, the worst part about the lag is on the keyboard, where you will hit a key and nothing will happen for a second, so much for efficient typing. The lag is the one major issue that they should be focusing on for 2.0.2 or 2.1, as this lag just makes the device frustrating to use.

4. gr8whtd0pe macrumors 6502a

gr8whtd0pe

glad I'm not the only one that the "all mighty" 2.0.1 didn't help.

5. JML42691 macrumors 68020

JML42691

The only issues of mine that the 2.0.1 did seem to fix was the music app always crashing and the disagreement between iTunes and the iPod's app store as to how many updates I have.