The Continuity switch seems to have been turned on!

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by backbraker25, Jun 23, 2014.

1. backbraker25 macrumors member

I’m now able to make calls from my iPad mini retina (where before I would get iPhone not available) via my iPhone, I Can start an email on my iPhone 5 and pick it up on my iPad!

So far, emails, Safari are working for me, I get a small icon on the left bottom corner of the lock screen of which ever device I’m not currently using, I can just swipe up from the icon and boom! I’m exactly where I left off… kind of cool!

I’m not sure if it’s working on Yosemite quite yet given my iMac is a late 2009 27” with the lack of bluetooth LE.

Anyone else?

2. nheilweil macrumors 6502a

nheilweil

What did you do to get it working? I'm still out of luck between my 5S and iPad 3.

3. backbraker25 thread starter macrumors member

It just started working for me, I did nothing different.

The obvious:
    1. make sure you're connected to the same wifi network.
    2. both devices should be signed in to the same iCloud account.

To test this, open a page on Safari on your iPad, leave it open and without putting the iPad to sleep take a look at your iPhone's lock screen, you should see a small Safari icon on the bottom left, swipe upwards and it will open the app on your iPhone exactly where you left off on your iPad.

For phone calls, from your iPad, just go to your contacts or Safari, find any number and tap it. It will start to dial the number, if you look at your phone, you'll see that it's actually making the call.

Let me know if it works for you.

4. gw0gvq Contributor

gw0gvq

Different platforms

I wonder if different developers are issued with codes to different platforms because I can't see much change in IOS 8 apart from the predictive text is a lot better . I tried to start an email on the iPhone I have and finish it on my iPad but when i carried out the test to see if I had a small safari icon all I could see was the camera in the bottom right of my lock screen and I was told text messaging has changed but can't see half the things II was told i'd see