The coolest printer?

dreamlife789

macrumors member
Original poster
May 8, 2010
I'm looking for the coolest-looking and functioning wireless printer/scanner for my new iMac.

takeshi74

macrumors 601
Feb 9, 2011
You'll have to clarify what you mean by "coolest" (provide examples of what you consider "cool" and "uncool") as well as "functioning". Those words mean nothing without qualification since they're so subjective. What features are you after? What's your budget?

brand

macrumors 601
Oct 3, 2006
Since when do printers look cool? Does a printer that looks cool print better than one that does not look cool? Shouldn't one want the best printer available for their price point rather than caring about petty things like how cool it looks?

TheRealPorkchop

macrumors regular
Mar 13, 2010
Whiteville, NC
Nah. People should want what they want and get help when asked for it, if anyone has any useful information to input on the subject that is.

I'd suggest a Canon. That's what I've got and it looks somewhat a match to my other Mac/Apple stuff. Sadly it doesn't have wireless but it was a 35 buck printer that has surpassed several Crapmark printers, HP and even some Dell printers. Which basically I think are all 3 the same printer just rebadged.

TheRealPorkchop

macrumors regular
Mar 13, 2010
Whiteville, NC
This thread got me looking at Apple's website for a new printer cause I want a wireless one. Look at the Epson printers, then look anywhere else for the same printer. The 130 buck printer can be bought at Walmart for about 90 bucks right now. It doesn't match the Mac theme very well but it's a nice looking printer, wireless and all-in-one.

Shrink

macrumors G3
Feb 26, 2011
New England, USA
Since when do printers look cool? Does a printer that looks cool print better than one that does not look cool? Shouldn't one want the best printer available for their price point rather than caring about petty things like how cool it looks?
Totally agree.

What makes the printer cool is who owns it. And since I'm astoundingly cool, my Epson Stylus NX 530 is clearly the coolest printer around!:cool:

The coolest printer!!??:eek:

You must be kidding...

Dark Dragoon

macrumors 6502a
Jul 28, 2006
UK
Not wireless and I don't think it's in production any more, but the Samsung SCX-4500 looks pretty nice.

Gav2k

macrumors G3
Jul 24, 2009
Hp envy printers are the best looking on the market IMHO

ScottishCaptain

macrumors 6502a
Oct 4, 2008
Maybe he wants a Thunderbolt printer! That would be cool. You could spool stuff to the printer memory so fast! Then wait 20 minutes for the engine to actually crank out the pages.

-SC

YooperHunter

macrumors newbie
Jun 7, 2013
Funny how everyone goes on and on about how elegant apple products look and then when someone wants a printer to match the looks then they are belittled. :rolleyes: