The correct color profile and the iTunes library

Discussion in 'macOS' started by MacBH928, Jan 12, 2017.

1. MacBH928 macrumors 68030

MacBH928

So I bought a MBP 2015 and I have these 2 questions

1-I want to restore my iTunes library but I want to replicate the exact files (keeping meta data: creation date..etc) can I just drag and drop the old files into the new computer?

If so, which folder is it? Is it the "iTunes" folder in "Music" OR is it the "iTunes Music" folder inside iTunes inside Music ?

There seems to be other files inside "iTunes" some of them:
    -iTunes Music Library.xml -Previous iTunes Library(folder) -iTunes Library Genius.itdb -iTunes Library.itl -Scripts(folder)

2-I want to know what is the correct color profile for the screen? I have this custom color profile I created on an iMac back in 2002 and I was thinking maybe its time to check something new?

2. T'hain Esh Kelch macrumors 601

T'hain Esh Kelch

1. iTunes folder in Music.
    2. The screens are totally different, so you shouldn't use a color profile you created on a different screen.

3. chrfr macrumors 604

Color profiles are specific to one particular display- not even 2 iMacs from 2002 would need the same profile (and displays need to be recalibrate periodically) so you should not be trying to use it on your MacBook Pro. For most people the default is fine, and on my Mac it shows up as "Color LCD."

4. MacBH928 thread starter macrumors 68030

MacBH928

Great, so I just drag it over and iTunes work just like on my old computers? thats very convenient. Thanks for the help.

Yeah I tried the computer out and "Color LCD" seems great as is. I wonder how people who work on multiple displays keep the colors same, not to mention those who work in print. I know there is pro tools to caliberate the screen but they are expensive and tedious.