The correct MacBook Pro screen for me?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Knighty8, Jul 10, 2013.

1. Knighty8 macrumors newbie

Hi all,

Done a little bit of revision on the screens and I'm unsure on what I should get.. I'm going to be purchasing the laptop for video editing, graphic design and a little bit of music production.. I know after reading that you will all say get the regular high res screen but I will also be watching a lot of tv series and films and I want the best picture possible..

Is the glossy screen seriously bad? If it's only bad in direct sunlight then it will not be much of a problem but if it's bad in any light at all that would oppose a problem..

What are your thoughts?

2. Shrink macrumors G3

Shrink

I can't comment on the proper screen for your purposes, but I can say that, for me, the glossy screen has never been a problem in any way. I don't use it in strong sunlight, so that may present issues. But as I use it...I like the image sharpness the glossy screen affords.

3. Knighty8 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank you for your quick response! :)

4. Shrink macrumors G3

Shrink

Mt pleasure.:D

Just a suggerstion...since you are using the MBP for specific purposes, you might want to wait for some replies from other members who have experience using that machine for the purposes for which you will be using it...video editing, etc. They can tell you if either screen has a particular advantage for those specific tasks.

Whatever you get...enjoy!

5. Knighty8 thread starter macrumors newbie

Yeah I'll wait and hope they respond! :)

6. aixporter macrumors member

aixporter

It took me a long time to decide AG over Glossy since I am set for hi-res.

Here's the bottom line for the casual user that helped me make a decision.

If you will be using your computer alot outside or under unpredictable lighting conditions get the antiglare.

If you will mostly be using your computer at home or in an environment you can control get the glossy.

Now, I must add.. the AG screen definitely looks cooler. Some people have asked whether it's a hybrid pro-air (due to the obvious Air resemblance of the hinges).:D