Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

hoghvn1999

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 19, 2008
Hey everybody. It is 4:55 am here in Indiana and I have not slept. I looked through these forums but did not find the info I was looking for. I am sure it must be hidden out of fear of the cyber police. Why have I not slept? In 8 hours and 5 minutes I have a personal shopping appointment at the Apple Store. I will pick up my very first iMac and some accessories of course. I know the cyber police must be looking around here. What I did not know, something many of you forgot to mention, is that Mac computers are technology heroin. I am going to see if I can get a little discount by mentioning that the rumor is that the penryn iMacs are getting ready to be announced and other people are going to wait. Wish me luck!:)

hoghvn1999

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 19, 2008
I got an iMac, I got an iMac

Guess that does not mean much here but put it on a PC page, ha ha. Well, let me tell you how it went. I walk in the Apple Store and I am ready to bargain. I mention to the salesman what I am looking for and what he hears is, I have a switcher on my hands. So, first stop is to the back of the store where he explains that for $100 a year I could take all the classes that I want. No thanks. So we discuss a few wireless network issues (I still have two Windows laptops that will be running until I can get my MacBook) and then we get down to the negotiation.
I mention that the announcement as to the updated processors is coming out early next week and he plays stupid, saying that he is so far down on the food chain that he does not know about that. Bottom line...of course I paid full price minus my education discounts. I walked in ready to buy so if he told me the price had jumped a $100 dollars that day I still would have bought. Some negotiator I am. So, I drank the kool aid as they say. And it is good. No longer a wannabe! Thanks to all the stuff I have learned from this forum and hope to learn later on.

Decahedron

macrumors regular
Aug 10, 2005
I dont know where youve been shopping where being an informed customer leads to discounts at a physical store, but i'd like to!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.