The CS3 licensing bug on Snow Leopard

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Michael CM1, Oct 15, 2009.

1. Michael CM1 macrumors 603

This has been by far the biggest bug affecting me, and I'm about out of guesses.

I did the obvious reinstall. Nope, no dice. So I used the uninstaller to take everything off. Nope. So I found a Web site that suggesting deleting a crapload of tucked-away Adobe files in the /Library folder. Reinstalled and still have the same problem.

Pretty much the next step is to call Adobe tech support and scream HELP!, but I have also heard that they won't "support" CS3 on Snow Leopard. A lot of crapola for something I spent $600 on a couple of years ago. But still, I really need this stuff to work.

I did a clean install of Snow Leopard and then restored my data from a Time Machine backup. After an hour of fiddling, I really don't know what to do. Any help would rock.

2. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Wow that's odd, because I have CS3 and have not run into any issues.
    I didn't even bother "deauthorizing" the computer.

In any case if you cannot authorize or are having licensing problems, your best bet is to contact adobe support on this issue

3. psxguru macrumors 6502a

Is it complaining about an expired licence and quitting straight away? This happened to me when I upgraded to SL.

No need to reinstall, just delete the folder /Library/Application Support/Adobe/Adobe PCD/cache

and run any of the apps again and you will be prompted to enter your serial number again.