The current options for case protection are not appealing

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by one1, Feb 22, 2008.

1. one1 macrumors 65816

Apple just sent me back my re-cased MacBook. All nice and new like. I've seen the leather wraps on ebay, the crystal cases. None really do it for me.

What I'd like to have is something like a ClearBra overlay. Anyone ever seen something like this on a MacBook?

The plastic is too soft to set down and not get scratched up pretty badly. I really don't wanna cover it up so I'd like to use a clear overlay.

Barring the possibility of finding the overlay, what do YOU use to protect yours? Maybe I'll get an idea.

2. chickenninja macrumors 6502

chickenninja

you could get an "invisisble shield" cover, its made from screen protector plastic which is made from hellicopter blade plastic, its clear and very thin, they will even apply it for you if you like, it comes pre cut to fit

3. one1 thread starter macrumors 65816

4. MacFanBoyIIe macrumors 6502

Aww, come on... a few scratches will give it character!
    Chicks dig scars! ;)

I don't use any kind of covering for my MB when it's being used.
    However, I use a neoprene sleeve for when I'm carrying around my MB in my bag or by hand. It's made by InCase. The only issue with that case is it sometimes leave little black scuff marks on the white MBs. But, I don't mind. Like I said above, it gives my MB character!

Here's the Apple Store link to the case:
    http://store.apple.com/1-800-MY-APPLE/WebObjects/AppleStore.woa/wa/RSLID?mco=E171536E&fnode=home/shop_mac/mac_accessories/notebook_cases&nplm=TL991LL/A

Hope this helps.

5. MacFanBoyIIe macrumors 6502