The current specs of the iPhone?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by MarkSTi04, May 30, 2009.

1. MarkSTi04 macrumors regular

Can anyone tell me what the current spec's of the iPhone 3G are? (Processor, speed, RAM, Cache, etc.) Im just curious.

Thanks

2. kdarling macrumors demi-god

kdarling

3. MarkSTi04 thread starter macrumors regular

So if most of the rumors are correct about the next iPhone, the new hardware would be a good enough reason to get the new iPhone? having 256MB RAM, and a faster processor is great! If there is finaly a 32GB version offered, I think I would jump at that one.

BTW. does anyone really know why Apple has not made a 32GB iPhone yet, but has a 32GB iPod Touch?

4. kdarling macrumors demi-god

kdarling

The RAM's the main thing, as that allows more cached web pages, and the possibility of third party multitasking (but more likely, just more Apple program multitasking).

The touch has room for two memory chips, while the phone only has room for one.

5. =MuLti-CeLL= macrumors 6502a

=MuLti-CeLL=

It seems so slow when you put it like that...:D

6. MarkSTi04 thread starter macrumors regular

It may seem slow. But when I was looking at net books with my friend yestureday, I told him that if Im not mistaken that seems not any better than my iPhone, and my iPhone ran alot better than that net book! So that convinced him not to buy that thing. Hopefully he gets a MacBook.

7. kdarling macrumors demi-god

kdarling

Ah, 412MHz is okay. (As to the 600+MHz capability claim, that was just extrapolating from some possible manufacturing methods. All the articles that claim it's spec'd to 600MHz are full of it. I doubt that Apple would pay for chips that tested that high, when it's not necessary.)

Other phones, with more battery capacity, commonly run at ~500MHz.

My four+ year old WM5 Samsung i730 ran at 520MHz, and I used a third party overclocking tool that boosted it over 700MHz for apps that I specified... and down to 200MHz for simpler apps. This allowed me to conserve battery while doing little things, but get the speed when I wanted it.

The i730, btw, had stereo speakers and surround sound. It also had a vertical slider keyboard that moved like velvet. It would be great if Palm manages that same feel in the Pre. Too bad the i730 had a god-awful monster antenna block sticking out. Oh well, memories.

8. hazza.jockel macrumors 6502

my iphone nearly has better specs then my imac. :eek: