The cursor starts randomly stuttering on my 2.4 MBP, any help???

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by PhaserFuzz, Mar 14, 2008.

1. PhaserFuzz macrumors 6502

Okay at random times when I wake the computer up from sleep, the cursor starts becoming jumpy and stutters real bad. Only way to fix it is a restart. It's almost like the computer is going slow, but it's just the cursor. I have plenty of resources left to use and programs still load up quickly. This seems very odd and I haven't seen this problem mentioned here before. Also I have 4 gigs of RAM installed.. but that couldn't be the issue could it? Everything else runs fine.

Thanks for any help!

2. DoFoT9 macrumors P6

DoFoT9

my mbp has been doing this lately since i updated to 10.5.2, but it will stop after about 1minute of moving the mouse around.. get a bit annoying but it will stop, only seems to happen when im using the trackpad without the power plugged in. wierd ???

3. tranceteria macrumors newbie

You know what, I have a very similar problem, the mouse pointer dissapear in white areas of the screen and it's very difficult to navigate or browse the internet, I also have 4 GB of RAM installed, I don't know either if that's some sort of side effect. All I know it's weird and I don't like.
    Plus I tought that with 4GB installed it would fly open my Adobe appications and surprise! that's not the case.

4. DoFoT9 macrumors P6

DoFoT9

mayb dodgy ram?? hows ur free HD space going?

5. PhaserFuzz thread starter macrumors 6502

I just tried THIS SOLUTION.. so I'll post the results after awhile. It only does it when I wake the computer up from sleep. This fixed it for other people.

6. AreanFSL macrumors 6502

Yes on my cousins new MBP it tends to have this same problem, post back about your solution. He gets angry of this problem often.

7. MacBookJoePro macrumors regular

I had the same problem on my week old mac. I took it back to the genius bar and they confirmed the problem. It would happen only after I wake the laptop up from sleep. It sort of like a delay in response to the trackpad. I ended up getting the MBP replaced. Not too sure exactly what the problem is.

-JoE

8. hexonxonx macrumors 601

I started having this problem about a week ago. I removed iStat pro and the problem has gone away.

9. PhaserFuzz thread starter macrumors 6502

That link I posted did fix the problem. It just happened again. I guess I'm gonna have to go to the Apple store. This is a refurb I received in the mail last week. If they need to replace it, will they replace it with another refurb, or just give me a new one?

This problem is very annoying...

10. PhaserFuzz thread starter macrumors 6502

iStat just released a new version today. It supposedly fixes bugs with SR models. We'll see if this does the trick...

11. soms macrumors 6502

soms

Yea I've been having trouble with it too, especially when browsing the web and trying to type :(

12. hexonxonx macrumors 601

Thanks. I'll give this new version a try. If it don't work, it's easy to remove again.

I had the problem with the stuttering mouse and the display that wouldn't wake after sleeping. They were fixed after I removed iStat.