The Cydia Background app

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by saned, Nov 26, 2008.

1. saned macrumors newbie

I tried to use it with the built-in youtube app, but it stops workng although if you re-open, it will be paused at the point where you pressed the home button. Do you guys know what apps work with the background app?

2. sergiuria macrumors 6502a

sergiuria

For me they ALL work, never tried the youtube one though

3. saned thread starter macrumors newbie

Does your phone crash if you have many apps in the background?

4. 226896 Guest

The backgrounder app sucks in my opinion. I couldn't run more than one app at a god damn time anyway because you get the stupid memory low error, in which case backgrounder stops working. The sole reason I jailbroke my phone was to run BeejiveIM in the background with backgrounder. It worked, but as soon as I launched say, the MySpace app, I'd go back to Beejive and it would boot up again and not resume from where I left off.

5. saned thread starter macrumors newbie

same here. i try to keep fring in the background and use another app but one of them crashes and the background app doesn't work anymore and have to reset the settings. :(

6. ethos84 macrumors member

Yea, same here. Bit of a pain... would really like an app to do this.

Any thing else out there?

7. kameko macrumors member

um no. this is a memory limitation of the vastly underpowered iphone. no app can fix this. best you're going to get is backgrounder.

8. thewizard.mac macrumors member

Geez come on!! U always have the opinion to run only one app usong thr backgrounder! I always have the im+ running on the backround while listening to music OR surfing the web. NO u can't have em all open of course. But it works really great if u force quit the apps that ate not needed to run in the background