The daily and retina display.

dread

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 16, 2009
If you haven't checked out the daily yet on the retina display it's a must see and there is currently a free trial. This is the first time I have ever considered paying for a paper on the Ipad. I hope USA today updates soon so I don't have to. The daily looks awesome but is a bit clunky.

nd3eb

macrumors member
Jun 15, 2011
I love the daily... Looks awesome on the new iPad.

I've never been a newspaper reader, but I do subscribe to the daily.

dread

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 16, 2009
I always doubted an iPad paper could be successful, but now that I have seen the daily I can see the potential. It gives you something you don't get surfing the Internet.

overlyunderme

macrumors regular
Jun 22, 2010
Houston
Downloaded an issue today and I was completely blown away. The layout is good, the stories are short and concise, videos and info graphics were seamlessly integrated and I loved doing the crossword puzzle. I'm definitely getting a yearly subscription to this.

spiderman0616

macrumors 68040
Aug 1, 2010
I have been subscribing to The Daily for about 8 months, and it has always been a really nice looking app, but I loaded it up on Saturday morning after getting my new iPad, and I was absolutely blown away. 100% optimized for retina on day 1.

I'm really shocked that Wired hasn't caught up yet. Maybe the next new issue will be retina ready.