The Daily App - two problems (not logged in; can't connect to itunes store)

Discussion in 'iPad Apps' started by Cutwolf, Mar 28, 2011.

1. Cutwolf macrumors 6502

Hello,

I subscribed to the Daily App for 1 year. It shows under my itunes subscription.

Two problems: When I log into the daily app, I get "Can't connect to itunes store" 2 or 3 times. I can just hit ok and they'll go away.

The second, and more annoying, is that when I do the crossword puzzle, I don't see anything on the leaderboard and at the bottom, below the puzzle, it says "not logged-in." But when I click the little settings thing, I am logged in. I'm able to comment on articles.

Any ideas?

2. Cutwolf thread starter macrumors 6502

3. vrDrew macrumors 65816

The Daily continues to be one of the buggiest iPad apps out there. I opened the app this morning, hoping to update my news and puzzles, etc. before I left for work. Only to discover that I was stuck with yesterdays news, articles, and puzzles. I still (as of 12.36 central time) can't get today's news.

Maybe someone needs to tell the people at News Corporation that calling a periodical The Daily sort of requires you put out a new edition every day.

4. Cutwolf thread starter macrumors 6502

So no one else has the "not logged in" problem on the crossword puzzle page?

5. cchanlatte macrumors member

They do update everyday; however, the only solution I have found to fixing the problem of not receiving a new daily issue is to soft reset your iPad when it occurs. For some reason, killing the app does not yield the same effect. Hope this helps the failure to receive a new issue somewhat. Still does nothing for the connection issues.