Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

wessto

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 16, 2002
Can anyone answer if I have multiple iPads in my family, can I use the same subscription on all of them for The Daily App? I use the same apple id on them all so purchasing apps is a one time thing for all of them. Not sure about how the subscription works, however. Is it tied to the apple id, or is there a hardware id check as well?

kevin2577

macrumors newbie
Feb 17, 2011
I actually think you can have one subscription for multiple iPads

According to the Apple Support Documents:

Replenishable in app purchases and subscriptions cannot be downloaded again for free, and must be repurchased. Examples include but are not limited to: extra ammo, additional health, extra experience points, or other one-time services.

Non-replenishable in app purchases can be downloaded again for free. Examples include: bonus game levels, a map/city guide, a daily news subscription, or other recurring services.​

It sounds to me as though The Daily matches more of the second one which can be downloaded again for free and not the first one which cannot.

wessto

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 16, 2002
Hope you're right

I am waiting until people are actually signing up to see if this works. Hope it works for multiple iPads. It would be closer to a traditional paper newspaper model whereby multiple members in a family could read.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.