The Dark Side problem and question

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by pb1300, Sep 11, 2009.

1. pb1300 macrumors 6502a

This isnt Mac related, but I thought the great minds on this site can help me out with a Windows issue my friend is having (and friend meaning friend, not secretly me, since i have 3 Macs lol). The problem is, my friend does not remember his password when Vista starts up. Is there something that we can run that can reset that? He doesnt have another sign in to the laptop, so we are stuck at that sign in screen. Any help is greatly appreciated...thanks!

2. stridemat Moderator

stridemat

Staff Member

I did this on my old xp computer and this program worked well. Not sure how well it works on Vista but it says that it does...

3. pb1300 thread starter macrumors 6502a

I try booting from the CD, but it keeps taking me straight in to the sign in page. What could I possibly be doing wrong? I opened up the zip file, and extracted everything to a CD, then I burned it. I burned it once in on my Mac, and once on a Windows machine. All I did was create a burn folder on the Mac, and placed the ISO file into it. On the Windows machine, I extracted all the files, and created a data file through Nero. Any ideas?

4. pb1300 thread starter macrumors 6502a

5. pb1300 thread starter macrumors 6502a

I found a couple of programs that are .iso files. I used Toast to burn them to a CD, and when I try to boot from the CD on the Windows laptop, it keeps bypassing it after a few seconds, and goes back to the log in screen. Am I burning it wrong in Toast? Any suggestions would be appreciated guys!