The death of a signature

bankshot

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 23, 2003
Southern California
Thanks to gapless playback (finally!), my signature no longer has a reason to live:

Have albums with tracks that blend together with no break in sound?
Tired of that little jolt of silence in between songs?
Tell Apple you want true gapless playback in iTunes and iPod!

iTunes Feedback / iPod Feedback / Bug Reports
It was fun while it lasted (complaining is always, fun, isn't it? :p), but listening to all my gapless albums and getting downright giddy each time I hear a smooth transition is even more fun. I look forward to the day when I no longer notice the fact that the transition was seamless, simply because that's just the way it's supposed to be.

You have done your job, and now all is right with the world. It is time for you to seamlessly cross over, without gaps, to the great beyond. Rest in peace, old sig.

Any suggestions for a new one?

Jaffa Cake

macrumors Core
Aug 1, 2004
The City of Culture, Englandshire
I'm pleased you're enjoying your shiny new gapless music - perhaps it was your old signature that finally caused Apple to get off their backsides and resolve the issue once and for all?

With that in mind, maybe you should use your next signature for good - maybe you could sort out the problems in the Middle East with it or something? ;)

calculus

Dec 12, 2005
Jaffa Cake said:
With that in mind, maybe you should use your next signature for good - maybe you could sort out the problems in the Middle East with it or something? ;)
Use your new power wisely.

m-dogg

macrumors 65816
Mar 15, 2004
Connecticut
Ah, Bankshot, I thought of you and your sig when I heard the news and enjoyed the gapless goodness.

For a new sig, how about finding a solution to our dependence on fossil fuels?